View Single Post
Old 05-04-23, 11:35   #1
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Movies World Kickboxing Champion on Frontline in Ukraine Shot Dead by Russians

World Kickboxing Champion on Frontline in Ukraine Shot Dead by Russian Soldiers

IVANO-FRANKIVSK, Ukraine - Hundreds of residents of the Ukrainian city of Ivano-Frankivsk turned out to mourn four-times world kickboxing champion Vitalii Merinov after he was killed in action fighting Russian troops.

BBC 5 APR 2023

Funeral of Ukrainian servicemen and the four-time world kickboxing champion Vitalii Merinov in Ivano-Frankivsk

Merinov, 32, died in a hospital last week after he was wounded in the eastern region of Luhansk, claimed and partially controlled by Russia.

The Ukrainian flag was draped overI his coffin as it was carried out of the church on Monday.

"To the hero of Ukraine, Vitalii Merinov, three-times glory," his friend, Taras Mstyslav, said, with mourners calling out "Glory, glory, glory!" in response.

Citizens knelt on the street during the funeral procession, holding Ukrainian flags, while others threw flowers.

"He was a very active person," said Merinov's godfather, who goes by the call-sign "Boriusyk". "I am not saying it because he was my godson, but because he helped everyone: the children, the people, the needy ones. I am speechless...

RIP Vitalii

Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote