View Single Post
Old 23-03-23, 20:26   #1296
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: POWER of PRAYER- No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

Examine My Heart

"Let us search out and examine our ways, And turn back to the Lord; Let us lift our hearts and hands To God in heaven." - Lamentations 3:40-41

As a follower of Jesus, my heart desires to be right at the center of where God is working, but if my heart and life are not in sync with God, I will miss the invitation to join Him where He is working. In reading and studying Lamentations 3, specifically verses 40-41, I see a call to action and a prayer that can keep my heart in the correct posture toward God.

The call to action is for a Christ follower to invite the Holy Spirit to reveal whether his or her life honors God. Recently, I visited with a man who has been discipling a new follower of Jesus. He told me that God used the joy and excitement of this person to bring him to a place of examining his own spiritual walk and revealed that his love for Christ was not where it should be.

We hear people around us calling for revival and for America to return to God, but first, we need to examine our hearts just as we read in Lamentations. As we go before the Lord and ask Him to search and forgive us of our sinful ways, we must turn our hearts to Him and His ways. If those in Christ are not placing Christ first, how can we ever expect a nation to return to God? It begins with you and me.

In Lamentations 3:41, we find a prayer describing the process of lining our hearts up with God. Is your heart aligned with God or overloaded with worldly desires and cares?

Please allow me to summarize Jeremiah's clear path to right standing before the Lord found in Lamentations 3

1. Invite the Holy Spirit to examine your heart. v. 40
  2. Turn from your ways and turn to God. v. 40b
  3. Worship with a pure heart. v. 41

Heavenly Father, I praise you for your love and your desire to have fellowship with us. I invite you to examine my heart and the hearts of all who read this devotional. Through the work of the Holy Spirit, show us those things in our lives that hinder us from being entirely devoted to You. As you reveal our sins, may we confess and turn to You. Renew our hearts with purity and prepare us to worship and serve You. May we be found obedient to the Great Commission to share the Gospel so others will come to a personal relationship with You. In Jesus' name, Amen.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote