View Single Post
Old 25-02-12, 02:32   #6
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Default Re: MMA: 144 Predictions

Mark Hunt vs. Cheick Kongo

Photo Courtesy of MMAStreamed.com

John Heinis: "The French Sensation" Cheick Kongo is creeping back into many analysts top 10 heavyweight lists due to his four fight undefeated (3-0-1) streak, with his draw coming against Travis Browne at UFC 120.
More recently, Kongo methodically picked apart prospect Matt "Meathead" Mitrione at UFC 137, winning the majority of the exchanges on the feet and scoring on several takedowns as well.
Meanwhile, journeyman Mark Hunt looks to make some noise in the heavyweight division after back-to-back wins under the UFC banner.
Hunt's most recent win was nearly unwatchable as he and his UFC 135 opponent, Ben Rothwell, showed the technique and skill of a bar room brawl by the time the fight hit the third round.
Both fighters gassed in a way that no UFC fighter should gas, regardless what weight class is being discussed.
Still, a win is a win, and Hunt looks to make a statement here with a victory over a very game adversary in Kongo.
I don't see it happening, though.
Kongo is a way better striker, and overall just a way better fighter than his former training partner Hunt, so I'm actually a little disappointed this fight is so high up on the card.
Cheick Kong via 3rd round KO

Dwight Wakabayashi: UFC, Pride and K1 veteran Mark Hunt is enjoying a resurgence late in his career and that has landed him a chance to return to Japan where he started his journey years ago.
Hunt has two wins in a row with his last victory over Ben Rothwell showcasing the best Hunt we have seen in years. Hunt loves to throw caution to the wind and swing for the kill and he is a big man who can lean on you as well.
I'm pretty sure he will be looking to go out with a bang on Saturday.
Cheick Kongo is ready and waiting for Hunt and is in a very nice four-fight undefeated steak of his own. He dominated an off Matt Mitrione in his last fight and will be looking to use his technical striking advantage to pick Hunt apart and set up for the kill.
Kongo showed his improved game planning in his last fight to the dismay of Mitrione as he pressed him against the cage all night.
I don't think he will use that plan in this one, but he will be smart and won't stand in the middle and throw with the K1 striker.
In the end, I see technical efficiency being the deciding factor here with Kongo scoring more and Hunt throwing bombs and gassing out.
Cheick Kongo via unanimous decision

Dale De Souza: It's not easy to like Cheick Kongo at times, but it's hard to dislike Mark Hunt these days.
He was given the shot to perform for the UFC despite coming in on a five-fight losing streak, but then he went 2-0 in 2011 with wins over Ben Rothwell and Chris Tuchscherer.
Kongo also found success in 2011 with a come-from-behind win over Pat Barry and a three-round decision win over Matt Mitrione, and it's the style matchup in this one that makes this one pretty clear who has the edge on paper.
Both men have shown a willingness to go for takedowns in their past outings, with Kongo's takedown game probably being the slightly better of the two, but both are known for having some well-touted Kickboxing games, which could make this one a technical affair on the feet.
Hunt's looked better recently than he ever did in PRIDE, and it's like I've said before and will say now: I like Kongo (at times), but I like Hunt's head just a little bit more in this fight.
Hunt can take some punishment, and he'll be able to take some serious shots from Kongo here, but while the PRIDE and K-1 vet will be tough, the French sensation and Wolfslair product will work his way into securing a big win over a true veteran of the sport.
Cheick Kongo by unanimous decision (30-27)

Jeffrey McKinney: In what should be a heavyweight war, Mark Hunt will take on Cheick Kongo.
Hunt has had a career comeback recently.
After going on a six-fight losing streak, Hunt picked up back to back victories against Chris Tuchscherer and Ben Rothwell.
Kongo has also gone back to his winning ways.
After back-to-back losses to Cain Velasquez and Frank Mir, Kongo has gone 3-0-1 including victories over Pat Barry and Matt Mitrione.
Both Kongo and Hunt come from a kickboxing background.
Kongo is the more technical fighter, though. He is also the better conditioned fighter.
I believe that will be the difference in the fight.
Hunt has an iron chin, but I believe Kongo will find a way to put him out.
Cheick Kongo by 2nd round TKO

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote