View Single Post
Old 31-12-22, 15:38   #1269
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: POWER of PRAYER- No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

What Holds Us Down

“Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you” (1 Peter 5:6-7, ESV).
The Lord desires to bestow his favor and blessing upon you to lift you above what limits you, so that you become the person he sees in you. There is a call that only you can fulfill on this earth, in your generation and within your family. To achieve this, the Lord is ready to pour on you a special grace and his strength on a daily basis.
However, another force acts in us and opposes this process. It is our pride. God's favor is blocked by your pride, for God resists the proud as the Bible tells us. The expression ‘resist’ comes from the Greek word antitassomai and means to line up in battle against or oppose someone. In other words, when we choose to stand in our pride, we are literally going to war with God. When we choose pride, we reproduce on a small scale, Satan's rebellion against God.
The secret thoughts of pride that led Lucifer to his downfall are revealed in Isaiah 14:12-14: “How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn! How you are cut down to the ground, you who laid the nations low! You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; above the stars of God… I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.’”
To choose pride is to elevate our own ‘thrones,’ rights, opinions, plans, desires and decisions above those of our husband or wife, our children or grandchildren, above even God. Therefore, we abort the divine process of elevation that he intended to accomplish in us. Dear friend, I plead with all my heart and might, stop choosing pride, stubbornness, arrogance, harshness, coldness, self-centered bitterness and unforgiveness. Stop denying your part, blaming others, wallowing in self-pity, elevating your suffering or disappointment above God's promises and infinite redemptive ability.
Choose instead to walk in humility before God. Choose to be honest about your sins with yourself, God and other people. Choose to have the courage to ask for forgiveness. Recognize your need for God to break that pride that has kept you limited for too long. God desires to lift you up.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote