View Single Post
Old 01-12-22, 07:18   #155
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Movies re: ROYALS: DAMN CHEEK-'Swear Allegiance' to King & Charles to Wear GOLD For Coronation

The Prince and Princess of Wales Launched The Countdown to Fridays' Event by Lighting up The City's Landmarks Green.

US President Joe Biden plans to meet Prince William and Catherine in Boston

Prince Williams’ Godmother Lady Susan Hussey Quits Palace Over Comments to Black Charity Boss

Former lady-in-waiting to queen issues apology after Ngozi Fulani questioned over where her ‘people’ came from

BBC News 1 DEC 2022.

Prince William and Catherine have arrived in the US, where they will hand out awards for their Earthshot Prize.

The Prince and Princess of Wales watched an NBA basketball game where Boston Celtics played host to Miami Heat

The royal couple with governor-elect Maura Healey and mayor Michelle Wu as they lit up Boston City Hall

Shortly after landing, the prince thanked the US city for hosting his environmental awards.

The Earthshot Prize was launched in 2020 to search for innovative solutions to problems facing the planet.

The arrival of the royal couple came as a spokesperson for Prince William sought to distance the royal from a race row back in the UK.

His godmother Lady Susan Hussey, a member of the Royal Household, resigned after repeatedly asking a black British charity boss where she was "really" from.

The Prince and Princess of Wales launched the countdown to Friday's event by lighting up the city's landmarks green.

Crowds stood in the rain to welcome them to the city hall in Boston, home town of former US president John F Kennedy - the Earthshot prize is based on his 'Moonshot' challenge to put a human on the moon.

"Like President Kennedy, Catherine and I firmly believe that we all have it in ourselves to achieve great things, and that human beings have the ability to lead, innovate and problem-solve," Prince William told the crowd.

He said he wanted to thank the people of Boston for "their many tributes paid to the Queen", on this, his first overseas visit since her death.

"My grandmother was one of life's optimists. And so am I. That is why last year we launched the Earthshot Prize with the ambition to create a truly global platform to inspire hope and urgent optimism as we look to save the future of our planet," he said.

"To the people of Boston, thank you. I'm so grateful to you for allowing us to host the second year of the Earthshot Prize in your great city.

"Catherine and I can't wait to meet many of you in the days ahead."

Later on Wednesday evening, the royal couple attended an NBA basketball game between the Boston Celtics and Miami Heat at TD Garden, sitting courtside with Celtics owner Wyc Grousbeck and his wife Emilia Fazzalari.

A planned trip for the royal couple to New York earlier this year was cancelled following the death of the Queen. The couple was last in the US in 2014 in a trip that included a reception at the White House with the then president Barack Obama and his then vice-president Joe Biden.

When asked about the arrival of the royal couple in Boston, the White House said that President Biden intends to greet them and his team are "working through the details".

Prince William and Catherine, Princess of Wales, honor JFK in Boston

Prince Williams’s Godmother Quits

The late queens’ lady-in-waiting Lady Susan Hussey has resigned and apologised after a black guest at a reception hosted by the queen consort was left feeling traumatised and violated after she questioned her repeatedly about where she “really came from”.

Ngozi Fulani, the founder of the charity Sistah Space, claimed Susan Hussey moved her hair to reveal her name badge and persistently questioned her over where her “people” came from, despite having been told she was a British national.

A spokesperson for the Prince of Wales, who is Lady Hussey’s godson, said the comments were unacceptable and that “racism has no place in our society”.

The encounter on Tuesday at a violence against women and girls reception was witnessed by two other women: Mandu Reid, the leader of the Women’s Equality party, who is of mixed heritage, and another black female charity representative.

Hussey, 83, the widow of the former BBC chair Sir Marmaduke Hussey, had recently been appointed one of the ladies of the household. She is a close friend of the king. Her daughter, Katherine Brooke, has just been appointed as one of Camilla’s new queen’s companions.

Buckingham Palace described the remarks as “unacceptable and deeply regrettable”. Hussey has offered her “profound apologies” for hurt caused and resigned her honorary position with immediate effect.

Fulani wrote on Twitter: “Mixed feelings about yesterday’s visit to Buckingham Palace. 10 mins after arriving, a member of staff, Lady SH, approached me, moved my hair to see my name badge. The conversation below took place. The rest of the event is a blur.”

She then described the conversation:

Lady SH: Where are you from?

Me: Sistah Space.

SH: No, where do you come from?

Me: We’re based in Hackney.

SH: No, what part of Africa are YOU from?

Me: I don’t know, they didn’t leave any records.

SH: Well, you must know where you’re from, I spent time in France. Where are you from?

Me: Here, UK

SH: NO, but what Nationality are you?

Me: I am born here and am British.

SH: No, but where do you really come from, where do your people come from?

Me: ‘My people’, lady, what is this?

SH: Oh I can see I am going to have a challenge getting you to say where you’re from. When did you first come here?

Me: Lady! I am a British national, my parents came here in the 50s when …

SH: Oh, I knew we’d get there in the end, you’re Caribbean!

Me: No Lady, I am of African heritage, Caribbean descent and British nationality.

Buckingham Palace said: “We take this incident extremely seriously and have investigated immediately to establish the full facts. In this instance unacceptable and deeply regrettable comments have been made. We have reached out to Ngozi Fulani on this matter, and we are inviting her to discuss all elements of her experience in person if she wishes.
“In the meantime, the individual concerned would like to express her profound apologies for the hurt caused and has stepped aside from her honorary role with immediate effect.”

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote