View Single Post
Old 02-10-22, 11:09   #14
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,456 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Update Re: Ukraine WAR CRIMES: Freed Hostage Delivers Final Message From Aid Worker to Daugh

Freed British Hostage Delivers Tragic Final Message From Aid Worker to His Daughters

Dylan Healy and Paul Urey were ambushed while they undertook an aid mission in war-torn Ukraine. The nation is continuing to fight against Vladimir Putin's invasion

The Guardian UK 2 OCT 2022

Former chef Dylan met Paul's daughters Chelsea, 21, and Courtney, 17, a few days ago

Dylan Healy reunited with his parents Cliff and Helen in Eastbourne

Paul was diabetic and Dylan was at least able to tell Chelsea and Courtney the Russians did give him medication.

Dad-of-four Paul Urey died in his cell

Dylan knows Paul had been tortured too and had to break the grim news to his daughters Chelsea and Courtney Coman

Tragic aid worker Paul Urey sent a message to his girls, telling them: “I love you so much.”

Paul, 45, died in Ukraine, where he and Brit pal Dylan Healy, 22, were tortured.

Dylan told grieving sisters Courtney and Chelsea: “Your dad loved you and thought about you every day.”

A freed Briton today tells how he and a fellow aid worker endured a mock execution and were relentlessly tortured by Russian troops.

Dylan Healy and Paul Urey were ambushed during an aid mission in Ukraine, ordered out of their cars and forced to kneel by the roadside.

One soldier ****ed his gun... and Dylan feared the worst. But it was a sick hoax as the man fired a shot into the ground between them... and the men were bundled off to a prison.

After their ordeal, the pair vowed to each other that if the worst ever did happen to one of them, the other would contact their family.

And after father-of-four Paul, 45, later died in captivity, Dylan kept that pledge during an emotional meeting with his pal’s daughters Courtney, 17, and Chelsea, 21.

They met just days ago – when Dylan had the grim task of explaining how he and Paul had been tortured... but he also had a special message for the girls.

Dylan, 22, tells the Sunday Mirror: “Me and Paul promised that if anything happened we would speak to each other’s families.

“He said, ‘Let my family know I love them, that I thought about them every day.’ I never thought I’d have to do it – after we were captured, I thought we’d both die.”

And he told the girls: “He was desperate to make it home to see you.”

Courtney says: “It was difficult hearing what Dad went through, but at least we know the truth now.

“At one point there were reports he’d been dismembered. That was awful, but thankfully untrue.”

She and Chelsea, of Warrington, were forced to raise £10,000 to repatriate his body after the Foreign Office refused to pay.

The body is now in the UK and a post-mortem will be held before Paul can be laid to rest.

Dylan Healy details 'mock execution' moment to Paul Urey's daughters

Dylan – who says he has survivor’s guilt over Paul’s death – donated the final £60 to help hit their target.

He says: “I was nervous meeting his daughters but it was good... like I’ve known them for years.”

Chelsea says the meeting was a relief, adding: “I’m so grateful we heard it from him and not someone else.

"We didn’t want to pressure Dylan, didn’t want him to think he was being interrogated again. We’re just so happy he agreed to meet us.”

The sisters have invited Dylan to attend Paul’s funeral.

Dylan, who was freed on September 21 with four other Brits, says he was beaten with batons, tortured with electric prongs and waterboarded as his captors tried to extract a confession.

Recalling the mock execution, he says: “All the gunman had to do was pull the trigger and we were gone. We were silent. He asked us if we had any last words and we said no.

"Then he fired a shot into the mud in the middle of the two of us. Paul went, ‘That was a close one’.”

It was a terrifying start to months of mistreatment before Paul’s death in captivity on July 10.

His captors cited “stress and medical reasons”, but Ukraine suggested there were signs of torture after the body was released.

Dylan’s life changed when Russia invaded Ukraine on February 24.

An Arsenal fan, he lived in Ely, Cambs, and worked as a hotel chef. Appalled by Vladimir Putin ’s aggression, Dylan went to join the Ukrainian Foreign Legion, despite only ever being in the Army Cadets. Parents Helen and Cliff backed him.

Dylan says: “They were really supportive, they said, ‘Go, do it – but make sure to come home’. They were chilled, but Mum cried at the station.”

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote