View Single Post
Old 15-09-22, 01:00   #1229
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: POWER of PRAYER- No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

Better than Pentecost

John the Baptist never made it to Pentecost. He saw none of the cloven tongues of fire, nor did he hear the mighty rushing wind. He did not see Jerusalem shaken and multitudes converted, but John still said his joy was fulfilled! He had heard something better than the rushing wind, better than good reports, better than the sounds of a joyful bride. He had heard the Savior’s voice.
“He who has the bride is the bridegroom; but the friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice. Therefore this joy of mine is fulfilled” (John 3:29, NKJV).
John tasted the greatest joy a follower of Jesus can know. He said, “I stood still, and I heard him talk to me. His voice made my heart leap. He talked to me personally. I listened to my Lord, and that’s my joy: just hearing his voice.” John could say, “Oh yes, I loved him. I worshipped at his feet and told him how unworthy I was. My joy is not in what I said to him; my joy is in what he spoke to me! I rejoice in the sound of that voice.”
Some people teach that the Lord no longer speaks to men except through the revealed Word. They cannot believe men can be directed and blessed by hearing the Spirit’s voice today. Scripture declares, “God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by his Son, whom he has appointed heir of all things, through whom also he made the worlds” (Hebrews 1:1-2), and “Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says, ‘Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts” (Hebrews 3:7-8).
Jesus said, “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me” (John 10:27). Nowadays we are afraid of all the abuses, afraid we will be led to revelations contrary to the Word of God. All the abuses are not God’s fault. Every fake vision, false prophecy or false leading is a direct result of man’s own pride and self-will. Men abuse every gift of God. Nevertheless, God still speaks directly to the hearts of those willing to hear.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote