View Single Post
Old 04-08-22, 01:28   #1212
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: POWER of PRAYER- No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

In Psalm 86, we find a prayer that some Bible scholars say David often prayed, though he did not write it. The prayer has four parts, found in verses 11 and 12: "Teach me your way, O LORD, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name. I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever." These verses communicate:
  1. A Teachable Heart -- We want to learn from the Master as a child of God. I encourage you to begin daily praying this portion of David's prayer: "Teach me your way, O LORD, that I may walk in your truth" (Psalm 86:11a). In so doing, you are acknowledging your desire for God to not only instruct your spiritual walk but also to lead you daily in all areas of your life as you walk in truth.
  2. A United Heart -- As a child of God, we need our hearts united with what matters to God. The word "fear" in Psalm 86:11b refers to our honor of God. We can praise Him by living out each moment of our lives for Him.
  3. A Thankful Heart -- As a child of God, we should be thankful for everything. The outcome of David's heart being united with God would be to give Him praise and thanks.
Heavenly Father, I praise you that you are the Master Teacher. I invite you to instruct us in Your way. May we be people who are teachable, united, and thankful. God, I ask that You bring healing and resolution to those battling afflictions. Lord, increase our awareness as believers that you have provided us the truth in Your Word. May we seek instruction from the Bible daily. May our love for You grow and may our hearts be united with You. Lord, thank you for this prayer of David, and may it be a reminder that biblical discipleship is a lifelong journey of learning and allowing the Holy Spirit to transform us into the likeness of Christ. In Jesus' name, Amen.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tarfoot For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (25-08-22)