View Single Post
Old 15-06-22, 21:30   #1193
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: POWER of PRAYER- No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

God, Seek Your Servant

After exalting God’s Word at length, David concludes one of his psalms with this verse: “Let my soul live, and it shall praise you; and let your judgments help me. I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek your servant, for I do not forget your commandments” (Psalm 119:175-176, NKJV).
David was saying, in essence, “Please, Lord, seek me out the way a shepherd searches for a lost sheep. In spite of all my biblical knowledge, preaching and long history with you, somehow I’ve strayed from your love. I’ve lost the sense of rest I once had in you. All my plans have failed. Now I realize I’m totally helpless. Come to me, Father. Seek me out in this awful, dry place. I can’t find you on my own. You must find me. I still believe your Word is true.”
David knew he’d strayed from God’s rest. He knew the Lord’s love should have been imprinted on his heart during his previous crises. Once again, he had forgotten about God’s love for him. He cried out to the Lord, begging him to seek out his lost servant.
Now the shepherd had come after David again. As David heard his name called, his heart was comforted. He realized, “My shepherd knows me by name.” David found himself being led down the hill into the green valley. Once he reached the green pasture below, Jehovah Rohi (the Lord my Shepherd) said to him, “Lie down now. Go to sleep, and rest your weary soul. Don’t worry. I’ll be at work, taking care of everything.”
It’s important to note here that David’s circumstances hadn’t changed. In fact, scripture says, “Lord, how they have increased who trouble me! Many are they who rise up against me” (Psalm 3:1). However, David had been restored to God’s love. Now he could say, “Salvation belongs to the Lord. Your blessing is upon your people. Selah(Psalm 3:8). He testified, “No more self-made plans. No more sleepless nights, trying to work things out. I eagerly enter into my shepherd’s love. I welcome his open arms toward me. And I’m going to lie down in his rest. I am going to sleep peacefully in his unconditional love for me.” This is the rest that we can also find, if we cry out for our shepherd to rescue us.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote