View Single Post
Old 01-06-22, 23:29   #50
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,456 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Default re: Johnny Depp Gets Rockstar CHEERS at Scottish Concert & Crowds Screamed Innocent

Johnny Depp WINS US Legal Battle With Amber Heard After Bitter 6-Week Trial...

The Actress With NO Tears LOSES Against a Man With $Millions & a STUTTER

Hollywood actor Johnny Depp has been won his defamation trial against his ex-wife Amber Heard, following a decision by a jury in Virginia, after a six week long trial, where both actors took the stand

Daily Mirror 1 JUN 2022

Johnny Depp has won his legal battle with ex Amber Heard, following a sensational six week long trial in the US.

The 'Actress' With NO Tears

Amber Heard arrives at court to hear the verdict...

A jury ruled in favour of the actor, 58, following weeks of testimony from Depp, Heard, friends of the pair, expert witnesses and even supermodel Kate Moss, a former partner of Depp.

Depp was awarded compensatory damages of $10million (£8million) and a further $5million (£4million) in punitive damages.

Heard
appeared tearful and stared down at the table as the verdict was read out this afternoon.

The Aquaman actress filed a countersuit against Depp, seeking almost £78million in damages and saying his legal team falsely accused her of fabricating claims against the actor.

She was awarded compensatory damages of $2million (£1.6million)after proving one of her counterclaims to the jury.

Following the verdict Heard said she felt “heartbroken” by the ruling, adding she was “sadder still” that she had “lost a right” to “speak freely and openly”.

“The disappointment I feel today is beyond words. I’m heartbroken that the mountain of evidence still was not enough to stand up to the disproportionate power, influence, and sway of my ex-husband,” she said in a statement.

“I’m even more disappointed with what this verdict means for other women.

“It is a setback. It sets back the clock to a time when a woman who spoke up and spoke out could be publicly shamed and humiliated.

“It sets back the idea that violence against women is to be taken seriously.

“I believe Johnny’s attorneys succeeded in getting the jury to overlook the key issue of freedom of speech and ignore evidence that was so conclusive that we won in the UK.

“I’m sad I lost this case. But I am sadder still that I seem to have lost a right I thought I had as an American – to speak freely and openly.”

Depp sued Heard, 36, for defamation over a 2018 Washington Post op-ed she wrote about the alleged domestic violence she suffered, although she did not name her ex-husband.

He demanded more than £38 million, saying her domestic abuse claims have all but ended his career and ruined his reputation.

Depp denies ever physically or sexually assaulting Heard.

The Pirates of the Caribbean actor said in a statement read by his spokesman that the "jury gave me my life back".

“Six years ago, my life, the life of my children, the lives of those closest to me, and also, the lives of the people who for many, many years have supported and believed in me were forever changed.

“All in the blink of an eye.

“False, very serious and criminal allegations were levied at me via the media, which triggered an endless barrage of hateful content, although no charges were ever brought against me. It had already travelled around the world twice within a nanosecond and it had a seismic impact on my life and my career.

“And six years later, the jury gave me my life back. I am truly humbled.”

Depp went on to say his decision to pursue the case “was only made after considerable thought” and his goal was to “reveal the truth, regardless of the outcome”.

“Speaking the truth was something that I owed to my children and to all those who have remained steadfast in their support of me. I feel at peace knowing I have finally accomplished that,” the actor said.

He said he had been “overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and the colossal support and kindness from around the world”, adding: “I hope that my quest to have the truth be told will have helped others, men or women, who have found themselves in my situation, and that those supporting them never give up.”

Depp said: “The best is yet to come and a new chapter has finally begun” before concluding: “Veritas numquam perit. Truth never perishes. “

The actor was not in court today as he is currently in the UK and was spotted in a Newcastle pub just moments before the verdict was read out.

During the course of the trial, the jury heard how the couple met on the set of movie The Rum Diary and then began a romantic relationship while on the press tour in 2011.

They married in 2015, celebrating with friends and family on Depp's private island in the Bahamas.

During the trial Heard described in detail alleged physical assaults committed by Depp, including on a private plane in front of staff.

She also described alleged incidents of sexual assaults, claiming Depp penetrated her with a bottle during an evening of violence and anger in Australia, performed a "cavity search" on her while they were on holiday in the US, and then in the Bahamas where he "shoved his fingers inside" her, through her bathing suit.

Taking the stand for the first time in the trial, Depp described the impact of the accusations on him.

“It’s very strange when one day you’re Cinderella so to speak then 0.6 seconds later you’re Quasimodo,” he said.

“I didn’t deserve that nor did my children nor did the people who believed in me all these years. I didn’t want any of those people to believe I had done them wrong or that I was a fraud.

"I pride myself on honesty. I pride myself on truth. Truth is the only thing I am interested in.

"Lies will get you nowhere but lies build upon lies that build upon lies. I am obsessed with the truth."

Heard, taking the stand for the final time, said she has received thousands of death threats since the trial began.

In tears she went on: "I just want Johnny to leave me alone. I just want him to leave me alone. I've said that for years now."

Asked what she hoped to reclaim "after this is over", Heard said she has a "right to tell my story" and: "I hope to get my voice back."

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote