View Single Post
Old 09-04-22, 14:05   #1161
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: POWER of PRAYER- No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

Clothing the Flowers of the Field

Carter Conlon

“Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all” (Matthew 6:31-32, ESV).
I remember going for a long jog one morning shortly after our house burned down. At that time, we didn’t even have sufficient clothing for our children. I had previously given away the little savings I had, so I had no financial fallback and no real plan for the future. Yet the words of Jesus in the Gospel of Matthew suddenly came to my mind: “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you” (Matthew 6:33, KJV).
I said to God, “Lord, according to your Word, I have sought you. I have sought your kingdom, and I have sought your righteousness. You promised that all I need will be added to me, so I am simply going to take you at your Word.”
At that point, I made the choice to put away the fear of tomorrow. Suddenly, peace flooded my heart.
God did exactly as he had promised. He added all things unto me, and he did it sovereignly. I did not say a word to anyone, but the story of our loss somehow spread everywhere, throughout our community and even to communities beyond. Suddenly people began responding, and churches that I had never even been to ended up taking offerings for us.
God gave back to us everything that had been lost, and after the trial was all over, the Lord told me, “I needed to show you that I can take it all away, and I can give it all back. It is all in my hands.” I too have learned that God is my keeper, and I am confident that he will keep you as well. Declare God to be faithful in your trial, and realize deep down that he will never fail nor forsake you. The Lord has tied the honor of his own name to his commitment to keep you. AMEN
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote