View Single Post
Old 05-04-22, 07:22   #16
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Thumbs Up Chanel in Dubai REFUSES To Sell To Russian Socialites

Russian Socialites Shopping in Dubai Fuming as Chanel Won't Sell Them Luxury Items.....

Influencers, TV presenters and an Olympian's wife are among the wealthy outraged that designer brand Chanel will no longer let them buy their items amid Russian sanctions

Daily Mirror 5 APR 2022

Anna Kalashnikova, Russian singer and TV presenter.

Wealthy Russian socialites fleeing the war to shop in Dubai are outraged that Chanel has refused to sell them their favourite accessories.

With sanctions being imposed on Moscow, the luxury brand pulled out of Russia in protest at Vladimir Putin ’s invasion of Ukraine.

As Ukrainians and Russians are dying in their thousands in the war, affluent socialites are disgruntled about being barred from their favourite label.

Russian interior designer and influencer Liza Litvin took to social media to describe how she was refused a Chanel bag in a top Dubai mall.

"I went to a Chanel boutique in the Mall of the Emirates,” she posted in fury.

"They didn’t sell me the bag because (attention!) I am from Russia!!!”"

Anna Kalashnikova, Russian singer and TV presenter, was outraged by the policy

She claimed Chanel “has a new order that they only sell after I sign a piece of paper saying that I won’t wear this bag in Russia".

“They asked for my ID details and I gave my Russian phone number," she said.

“Next, the manager said that starting from today they were selling to Russians only if they sign an agreement not to wear their items in Russia.”

Several other wealthy Russian women have also complained that they had suffered similar hardships.

Singer and leading TV fashion show presenter Anna Kalashnikova, 37, was outraged after she was barred by Chanel from buying earrings and a bag in Dubai .

She explained how a manager at the store told her: “We know you are a Russian celebrity. We know you’ll be taking purchases to Russia, so we can’t sell our brand’s items.”

Yana Rudkovskya, producer and influencer, with her Chanel

She posted: “‘Oops’, I thought. Next I remembered Coco Chanel was not only mistress of a Nazi officer, but an agent of German intelligence.

“So this action of her brand really makes me remember her biography. It's so low to support fascism and Russophobia.”

She announced she would in future be boycotting Chanel.

Influencer Yana Rudkoskaya, 47, a Moscow-based music show producer and wife of Olympic figure skating champion Alexander Plyushenko, is likewise horrified but does not blame Putin for being deprived of her favourite brand.

“This is a shock for a woman who's been buying Chanel and Chanel Haute Couture for more than 20 years, and who sat at its shows in the front row,” she said.

Snezhanna Georgieva, 46, wife of billionaire Artem Zuev, owner of winery in Crimea and a restaurant in Moscow.

She had spent more than one million euro at Chanel over the years so found the ban “somewhat humiliating”.

Snezhanna Georgieva, 46, wife of billionaire Artem Zuev who owns a winery in Crimea, indicated that there were ways to pull strings and get round the ban.

“I will love it when these brands are back,” she said. “But we know some boutiques that are still open when a regular customer calls them.”

Moscow foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova accused Chanel of joining “the Russophobic campaign to ‘cancel Russia’".

She said that “during the Second World War, Coco Chanel herself was a collaborator and agent of the Third Reich”.

Russia was in a campaign against fascism in Ukraine, she claimed.

Yana Rudkovskya does not blame Putin for being deprived of her favourite brand

Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote