View Single Post
Old 11-03-22, 19:08   #1149
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: POWER of PRAYER- No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

A Word for the Discouraged

So much distress, affliction and sorrow are caused by sickness, disease and disaster. So many hurting believers are in the world. The Bible does tell us, “Many are the afflictions of the righteous…” However, the next phrase in this verse changes the meaning entirely: “…but the Lord delivers him out of them all” (Psalm 34:19, NKJV).
David cried, “Lord, remember David, and all his afflictions” (Psalm 132:1). This godly man faced many troubles. His prayer was, “Lord, you have delivered others out of their afflictions. Don’t forget about me. Help me. Deliver me!”
The apostle Paul also endured many afflictions. He wrote, “Now I go bound in the spirit to Jerusalem, not knowing the things that will happen to me there, except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me. But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God” (Acts 20:22-24).
Paul added, “But in all things we commend ourselves as ministers of God: in much patience, in tribulations, in needs, in distresses…” (2 Corinthians 6:4). Note his emphasis here “in much patience.” Have you been losing patience in your affliction? Have you become so discouraged that you’ve come to the point of casting aside your faith?
A pastor and his wife wrote, “We are so discouraged. We have been so mistreated and unappreciated. We are financially devastated, and we see very little fruit from our labors. We have prayed, believed and held onto faith; but now we are at the end of endurance. We do not want to doubt, but we need a miracle. We need to see at least some token for good, so we can go on.”
Any words I have to encourage the downcast seem inadequate, but this one thing I do know. We serve a kind and loving heavenly Father. His Word says he is touched by our afflictions, and it is my firm belief that he’s waiting for you to lay down all your fears, anxieties or questions and trust he will deliver you because of his loving kindness for you.
Lay hold of the scriptures, and let faith arise in your heart. God has not forgotten you.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tarfoot For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (21-03-22)