View Single Post
Old 23-02-22, 17:45   #1140
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: POWER of PRAYER- No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

February 23, 2022

In Exodus 34:14, we read that God is a jealous God. The verse refers to the second commandment, found in Exodus 20:4-6, which says:

"You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments."

The Scripture calls us to have an undivided heart. Today is an excellent day to examine your heart, time, and possessions to ensure you are putting and keeping God first in your life.

God's jealousy is to be honored because He is God and wants the best for us. He loves us and longs to have an ongoing relationship with us. If we are putting other things before God, we miss out on knowing and loving Him. May these words from verse 1 of the song "How He Loves," recorded by David Crowder, remind you of God's love for you.

"He is jealous for me, Love's like a hurricane, I am a tree, Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy, When all of a sudden I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory, And I realize just how beautiful You are, And how great Your affections are for me, And oh, how He loves us, oh, Oh, how He loves us, How He loves us oh."

Heavenly Father, I praise you for your everlasting love. I pray that each person who reads this will establish you as their first love. May the Holy Spirit be free to convict and root out anything that hinders one's love relationship with you and that each person will confess anything that keeps them from seeking you first. Thank you for your redemptive love. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

I encourage you now to look at the following resources to inform you as you lift up matters of importance for the advancement of faith, family, and freedom.

Conversation Peace: Diplomacy Fizzles as Russia Ramps up
Read: Psalm 46:9-11; Philippians 4:6-7; John 16:33; Psalm 2
Pray for the vulnerable people of Ukraine as they are living in danger and horrible uncertainty about the days ahead. Pray for wisdom for the Biden administration and other leaders around the world on how to respond to Russia's aggression.

Praying for a Progressive President
Read: 1 Peter 2:16; 2 Corinthians 10:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:18-20; Matthew 13:24-30
Pray for the conviction of the Holy Spirit in the hearts of our leaders. Pray for pastors to encourage their congregations to pray for our president, even when they disagree with his policies.

Waiting on a Price Fighter to Knock out Inflation
Read: Proverbs 13:11; Proverbs 21:20; Matthew 6:34; Jeremiah 17:5-8
Pray sanity spreads within the legislative and executive branches and that our leaders will choose the better, harder path of stopping runaway spending. Pray believers will set an example in prudence and charity during these stressful financial times.

Thank you for praying for these issues and for the ongoing work of Family Research Council. If you would like to become more involved in the prayer ministry of FRC, please email me [email protected] so we can begin a conversation about ways you can become more connected.

I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote