View Single Post
Old 20-01-22, 18:47   #12
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Movies re: BORIS Sleeze-50 Lies Gaffes & Scandals-MP Meets POLICE Re Blackmail Threats

No 10 Accused of Blackmailing and Intimidating Rebel MPs

Boris Johnson Branded Mafia Boss After Tory Says Police Should Probe Blackmail of MPs

Conservative William Wragg said rebel MPs had faced intimidation over opposition to Boris Johnson and urged them to report it to the police

20 Jan 2022 Sky News

A Conservative MP has said Tories who have expressed a lack of confidence in Boris Johnson have faced intimidation from the party and should contact the police if they have been blackmailed.

William Wragg, chair of the public administration and constitutional affairs committee, said a "number of MPs have faced intimidation" after declaring, or assumed to have declared, their desire for a vote of confidence in the PM.

He said it is "not the function" of the government whips office to breach the ministerial code by "threatening to withdraw investments in constituencies funded by the public purse".

But Tory MP Michael Fabricant corroborated Mr Wragg’s bombshell claims - in the same sentence as trying to dismiss them.

He tweeted: “If I reported every time I had been threatened by a Whip or if a Whip reported every time I had threatened them, the police wouldn’t have any time to conduct any other police work! What nonsense from WW.”

Asked if Boris Johnson was behaving like a mafia boss, his spokesman said: “Well, er, obviously we’ve been clear again that there is no evidence to support the claims put forward.

"This is a matter for the whips’ office and not one for me to comment on.”

The PM’s spokesman added: “We’d expect everyone to act within any requisite rules and guidance.”

Asked if the PM condemned all forms of bullying and harassment the spokesman replied: “Yes.”

But asked if there would be an inquiry he replied: “Certainly not that I’m aware of.”

Asked “how does the Prime Minister sleep at night?”, his spokesman replied: “It’s not a question I’ve asked him”.

Commons Speaker Sir Lindsay Hoyle said it would be a "contempt" to obstruct MPs from doing their jobs by trying to "intimidate" them.

He expressed concern at the "serious allegations" made by Mr Wragg.

Sir Lindsay told MPs: "Those who work for them are not above the criminal law. The investigation of allegedly criminal conduct is a matter for the police and decisions about prosecution are for the CPS. It will be wrong of me to interfere with such matters.

"While the whipping system is long-established, it is of course a contempt to obstruct members in the discharge of their duty or to attempt to intimidate a member in their parliamentary conduct by threats."

It comes as Labour was working to win more Tory defectors in the aftermath of Christian Wakeford’s bombshell decision to join Keir Starmer's party.

A source told the Mirror the "door is always open", but added: “I’m not expecting an imminent second one - but that doesn’t mean there won’t be one.

“We’ll have to see what happens over the next few weeks.”

Four out of 10 grassroots Tories want 'utterly deceitful liability' Boris Johnson to quit
Nothing surprises me anymore with Johnsons Government, for the sake of the Country get rid of the lot of them now.

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote