View Single Post
Old 28-12-21, 15:15   #3
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Unhappy Re: Billy Connolly Admits He Hides Parkinson's From His Children

Billy Connolly Admits He Hides Parkinson's Symptoms From His Children

Legendary Scottish comedian Billy, 79, was diagnosed with Parkinson's back in 2013 and has been incredibly open about how his life has changed since

28 Dec 2021

Billy retired from performing live in 2018

Billy Connolly has said that he has to "behave in a certain way" so that his children "don't feel sorry" for him.

The legendary Scottish comedian, 79, was diagnosed with Parkinson's back in 2013 and has been incredibly open about how his life has changed since.

Currently, Billy lives in the US with wife Pamela Stephenson, 72, and opened up about how his children have reacted to the diagnosis and how it's affected his day-to-day life,

He said in a new ITV documentary, which aired last night: "I have to behave in a certain way so my children don't think I'm a dead loss.

"They don't feel sorry for me. I want them to think: 'He does well with what he's got.' That's it.

"Parkinson's Disease has taken a lot from me. I can't play the banjo anymore. It's just a noise.

"I can't yodel anymore. I can't smoke cigars. It's taken more and more of what I like. It's kind of painful.

"But you have to have a Glasgow attitude and say: 'Oh, you think you've got me beat? Try this for size.' I just deal with it. If I fall, I fall."

Billy also said that he thinks about death "every day" after he was forced to retire from performing live in 2018.

He said: said: "I think about death a lot. Not an excessive amount. I think about it every day.

"I’ve seen people die and it’s okay. It’s not painful. You just go away. You exhale and it’s gone.

"It’s nothing to be frightened of. It’s just the next step."

He has also said that he has learned to "hypnotise" his hand so that is becomes still when he starts shaking.

He is no longer able to write letters any more, due to the progression of the disease, and he went on to explain: "I’ve learnt to hypnotise my hand. I glare at it and it kinda quivers.

"I just stare at it, and eventually it stops. It’s quite a good trick. We love it."

Billy added that he tries not to let the illness get him down, despite being fed up of it.

He said: "I’ve never tried to cover up the illness. I’m p***ed off with it. It won’t go away. People are kinda chained to it. But I try to be cheery."

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote