View Single Post
Old 15-12-11, 13:54   #1
FreaknDavid

Thanked 7,261 Times in 4,751 Posts
FreaknDavid has a reputation beyond reputeFreaknDavid has a reputation beyond reputeFreaknDavid has a reputation beyond reputeFreaknDavid has a reputation beyond reputeFreaknDavid has a reputation beyond reputeFreaknDavid has a reputation beyond reputeFreaknDavid has a reputation beyond reputeFreaknDavid has a reputation beyond reputeFreaknDavid has a reputation beyond reputeFreaknDavid has a reputation beyond reputeFreaknDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Gold Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

No Icon 7 miners injured in Idaho Mine

By the CNN Wire Staff
Updated 3:45 AM EST, Thu December 15, 2011

A rock burst at a mine in northern Idaho Wednesday evening injured seven miners, a company spokeswoman said.
The incident happened more than a mile underground at the Lucky Friday Mine in Mullan, according to Melanie Hennessey, a company vice president.

Twenty-five miners were in the area at the time, she said. The injured miners were treated for non-life threatening injuries.

The Global InfoMine website describes a rock burst as "an explosive failure of rock which occurs when very high stress concentrations are induced around underground openings."

The Lucky Friday is a deep underground silver, lead, and zinc mine, according to its website.

You Can Help the site If You Donate, Please Click Here: DONATE

Thank You For Your Support & Membership To DTD1.

FreaknDavid is offline   Reply With Quote