View Single Post
Old 23-10-21, 12:28   #1
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,456 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Oh Crap! US Republican Tells Queen Strip Meghan of Royal Title Over Congress Plea

Republican Urges Queen to Strip Meghan Markle of Royal Title Over Congress Plea

Meghan Markle should "stick to acting" after she urged American politicians to bring in paid parental leave as a “national right”, a Republican lawmaker says

Daily Mirror 23 OCT 2021.

The Queen should strip Meghan Markle of her royal title for “interfering” in American politics by advocating for paid parental leave, a US lawmaker has said.

The Duchess of Sussex, 40, penned an open letter to Congress on demanding paid leave for all new parents in America.

The letter, addressed to the House Majority leader Chuck Schumer and Speaker Nancy Pelosi, included details of her own childhood and spoke of the sacrifices working parents have to make "not just in pursuit of the American Dream, but simply the dream of stability”.

Meghan acknowledged she is "not an elected official" or politician but that she wanted to speak "as a mum" on the issue.

She wrote: "I grew up on the $4.99 salad bar at Sizzler - it may have cost less back then (to be honest, I can't remember) - but what I do remember was the feeling: I knew how hard my parents worked to afford this because even at five bucks, eating out was something special , and I felt lucky.”

The Duchess was impassioned in her plea for paid leave for parents, saying "no family should have to choose between earning a living and having the freedom to take care of their child.”

In response, a Republican politician said the Duchess should “stick to acting” and accused her of using her British title and marriage to Prince Harry to interfere in US politics.

“Ms. Markle's latest interference in U.S. politics reignites the question in my mind as to why the Royal Family does not simply strip her and Harry officially of their titles, particularly since she insists on sending this under the pretense of being the Duchess of Sussex,” Rep. Jason Smith, R-Mo., told DailyMail.com.

“While her attempts at appealing to working class families by recalling her days of eating at Sizzler were laughable, her comments make crystal clear that the passage of this massive tax-and-spend bill is aimed more at helping global elites get huge tax breaks than helping the working families she claims to have dined with.”

Another Republican, Lisa McClain, R-Mich, said Ms Markle was “incredibly out of touch” with Americans and that she should “stick to acting instead of trying to play politics”.

“The last thing we need right now is wealthy celebrities pushing their liberal agendas on the American people,” she added.

Congressman Smith has already previously requested that the Crown strip the royal couple over interference in the US election, after Prince Harry urged people to “reject hate speech” in the run-up to the election.

In the open letter, Ms Markle was keen to point out the inequalities American parents face in contrast to other nations in the world, which have laws in place to allow parents to take time off to be with their children.

In distinct, underlined letters she wrote: "The United States, in stark contrast, does not federally guarantee any person a single day of paid leave”.

Speaking about welcoming her second child, daughter Lilibet, into the world in June, she said she and her husband were able to be at home with their newborn for the early days.

But she acknowledged thousands of parents across the US are not given the same chance as they have to choose between "the conflict of being present or being paid.”

“Like any parents, we were overjoyed," Meghan wrote.

"Like fewer parents, we weren’t confronted with the harsh reality of either spending those first few critical months with our baby or going back to work.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle advocating for vaccine equality at the Global Citizen Live: New York on September 25, 2021 in New York City

“We knew we could take her home, and in that vital (and sacred) stage, devote any and everything to our kids and to our family.

“We knew that by doing so we wouldn’t have to make impossible choices about childcare, work, and medical care that so many have to make every single day.”

Finishing the letter, Meghan said she believes paid leave should be a “national right” and a programme needs to be created to enact a “strong paid leave program for every American that’s guaranteed, accessible and encouraged without stigma or penalty”.

“This isn’t about Right or Left, it’s about right or wrong,” she continued, while acknowledging how “politically charged” things have become in recent years.

“This is about putting families above politics.

“So, on behalf of my family, Archie and Lili and Harry, I thank you for considering this letter, and on behalf of all families, I ask you to ensure this consequential moment is not lost.”

NB: DAMN Cheek! Its about time those US self serving politicians STOP interfering in so many other countries affairs & "stick to putting right all the many problems in their OWN country"

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote