View Single Post
Old 25-09-21, 13:59   #1080
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,106 Times in 991 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: POWER of PRAYER- No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

The Dating Game with God

Tim Dilena

If you have a real relationship with God, every day changes. This is why a relationship with Jesus Christ is called ‘being born again.’ We don’t need church just on Sundays. We need God every day. Religion will ask you for one day a week. God will ask you for every day. Religion will say, “Show up on Sundays, and everything will be okay.” That’s not true.
If true transformation is only for Sundays, then we’re in trouble. It’s the other six days that mess us up.
God says, “I want Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday onward. I want to walk with you. I don’t want a relationship with you where you see me in your best clothes for two hours a week. That’s a date. I want a marriage with you.”
When Jesus died, he sent out an RSVP that simply said, “What I’ve done for you is I’ve paved the way for the forgiveness of sins.” If we choose to answer, God comes and changes us from the inside out. There’s no church or religion on the planet that can radically change your heart and mind. Only Jesus can do that, and it really starts when we say, “God, I don’t have the right words. I don’t know what to say. All I know is that I want that relationship with you. I want you to change me. I want you to be in charge because when I’m in charge, I mess this thing up.”
This is for those who have just accepted Christ or don’t know God quite yet. This is for those of you who have been serving Jesus for so long that you knew Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. This is the life Paul pointed to when he said, “I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect” (Romans 12:1-2, ESV).
The more you grow in God, the more you realize that you don’t know about who he is. No matter where we are in our walk, we must strive toward a better knowledge and passion for the Lord.
We don’t need a dating relationship with God. We need a marriage. AMEN
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote