View Single Post
Old 03-12-11, 03:12   #6
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Default re: VIDEOS -FI-Awards for 2011 Season

Best Overtake of the Year: Mark Webber over Fernando Alonso

1st: Mark Webber on Fernando Alonso, Belgian Grand Prix

I think it was Eddie Jordan who awarded this move the BBC's award for best overtake, and for once in my life I agree with the man.

It's not easy to make Fernando Alonso back down, but Mark Webber managed just that and held the speed through Eau Rouge to keep the place down the long straight which follows.

You just don't overtake there, but he did. One of the few occasions this season that made me catch my breath and utter a quiet expletive.

2nd: Michael Schumacher on Felipe Massa and Kamui Kobayashi, Canadian Grand Prix

On a damp track, Felipe Massa was catching Kamui Kobayashi. The Japanese driver went too deep into the chicane and Felipe went to pass around the outside. Seeing the gap, Michael Schumacher simply drove past both of them.

A beautiful opportunistic overtake, and one of the few reminders of Schumacher's old talent.

3rd: Lewis Hamilton on Fernando Alonso, German Grand Prix

Fernando Alonso exited the pits on cold tyres, but couldn't have expected this to happen. Lewis Hamilton took the outside line around Turn 2 to overtake Alonso and set himself up for the race win.
It was another move at a corner which just isn't regarded as a passing spot - especially not around the outside.

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote