View Single Post
Old 25-07-21, 10:30   #6
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Movies NHS Heroes Worse Off After BORISs' Paltry Pay Rise

NHS Heroes Have Been Left £3,000 Worse Off Under The Tories Even With 3% Pay Rise

Health Secretary Sajid Javid announced the pay rise of 3% but rise was met with anger from pandemic heroes who demanded a decent real-terms pay increase after a decade of below inflation deals

Daily Mirror UK, 25 JUL 2021.

NHS staff, members of trade unions and health campaigners march along Whitehall during a protest demanding a 15% pay increase for health workers (Image: Barcroft Media via Getty Images)

The demonstrators slammed the 1% offer after the NHS handled a year of immense pressure (Image: Anadolu Agency via Getty Images)

NHS staff have had a £3,000 real-terms pay cut since the Tories came to power.

Analysis by the TUC reveals the full extent of the inflation-adjusted hit since 2010, amid a growing backlash over last week’s 3% pay award.

Even with a 3% rise, nurses on £31,533 have suffered a £2,469 cut in their spending power.

Paramedics are £3,194 worse off. Workers are being consulted by health unions over possible industrial action and TUC chief Frances O’Grady said: “After the hardest year of their working lives, they deserve better.

“The Prime Minster must follow through on his promise to ‘build back fairer’. It’s not only about valuing them properly – it’s the fuel in the tank our economy needs.”

The Government says a typical nurse will get an extra £1,000 a year. Inflation is currently at 2.5% and expected to hit up to 4%.

After the pay rise announcement on Wednesday, nurse Jodie Elliot, 31, who works on a paediatric ward in a London hospital, told the Mirror: “That’s not enough as far as we’re concerned.

“In real terms the Government could be giving me another pay cut. I’ve been doing this for around ten years and I’ve literally never known a decent pay packet.

“The NHS has been doing its damndest to keep things going and we are now working at over 100% capacity.”

Health Secretary Sajid Javid said: “NHS staff are rightly receiving a pay rise this year despite the wider public sector pay pause, in recognition of their extraordinary efforts.

“We asked the independent pay review bodies for their recommendations and I’m pleased to accept them in full, with a 3% pay rise for all staff in scope, from doctors and nurses to paramedics and porters.

“We will back the NHS as we focus our efforts on getting through this pandemic and tackling the backlog of other health problems that has built up.

“I will continue to do everything I can to support all those in our health service who are working so tirelessly to care for patients.”

The pay deal will be backdated to April 2021.

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote