View Single Post
Old 30-06-21, 09:35   #2
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Movies re: WIMBLEDON 2021 NEWS & Results-

Serena Williams Retires in Tears as Wimbledon Record Dreams End in Heartbreak

Serena Williams had been targeting a record-equalling 24th Grand Slam title at Wimbledon this year, but was forced to retire in the first set of her first round match against Aliaksandra Sasnovich

Daily Mirror UK, 30 JUN 2021.

Injured Serena Williams Retires in Tears at Wimbledon

Serena Williams goes down injured during her first round ladies' singles match against Aliaksandra Sasnovich on centre court on day two of Wimbledon at The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, Wimbledon. Picture date: Tuesday June 29, 2021. PA Photo.

Williams was leading 3-1 against world no. 103 Aliaksandra Sasnovich in her first round match as she targets an eighth Wimbledon crown.

But the American was unable to continue after she slipped at the back of the court, seemingly suffering an ankle injury.

Williams did not fall to the ground, but received an off-court medical timeout before returning to the court.

Sasnovich fought back to win the next two games with Williams clearly not moving in the same way, and losing her footing in the seventh game at 15-15.

he 39-year-old then took the decision to retire before being reduced to tears as she walked off to a standing ovation from the centre court crowd.

Williams later said: "I was heartbroken to have to withdraw today after injuring my right leg. My love and gratitude are with the fans and the team who make being on Centre Court so meaningful.

"Feeling the extraordinary warmth and support of the crowd today when I walked on - and off - the court meant the world to me."

Williams had been hoping to win her 24th Grand Slam title which would have seen her draw level with Margaret Court's record.

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote