View Single Post
Old 01-02-21, 12:58   #3
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Soccer Re: Prince Williams' Powerful Message on Football Racism

Prince William and Kate Middleton Wade Into Football Racism Row With Powerful Message

The Duke of Cambridge tweeted about 'despicable' racism in football after Manchester United star Marcus Rashford revealed he had received racist abuse online on Saturday

Daily Mirror UK, 1 FEB, 2021.

Prince William has issued a powerful statement on the scourge of “despicable” racism in football, saying “we all have a responsibility” to stamp it out.

The Duke of Cambridge, who is president of the Football Association, posted a personal message on Twitter tonight saying racist abuse of players “must stop now”.

His personal intervention came just hours after Manchester United star Marcus Rashford revealed he was subjected to "humanity and social media at its worst" after receiving racist abuse on Saturday.

William said: “Racist abuse - whether on the pitch, in the stands, or on social media - is despicable and it must stop now.

“We all have a responsibility to create an environment where such abuse is not tolerated, and those who choose to spread hate and division are held accountable for their actions.

“That responsibility extends to the platforms where so much of this activity now takes place.

“I commend all those players, supporters, clubs and organisations who continue to call out and condemn this abuse in the strongest terms.”

He signed off the tweet on the Kensington Royal Twitter profile with ‘W’.

Rashford, who was recently awarded an MBE for his tireless campaign fighting food poverty during the coronavirus crisis took to social media to reveal he had received multiple racist messages on Instagram on Saturday.

They were sent to the England striker after United's 0-0 draw with Arsenal.

The 22-year-old said: "I'm a black man and I live every day proud that I am.

"No-one, or no one comment, is going to make me feel any different. So sorry if you were looking for a strong reaction, you're just simply not going to get it here.

"I'm not sharing screenshots. It would be irresponsible to do so and as you can imagine there's nothing original in them.

"I have beautiful children of all colours following me and they don't need to read it. Beautiful colours that should only be celebrated."

In a statement released on Sunday, Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said it was aware that a number of Manchester United players had suffered abuse on social media between Wednesday and Saturday.

On Saturday Premier League side West Brom contacted police after their player Romaine Sawyers was sent a racist message during Tuesday's 5-0 defeat to Manchester City.

A club statement said: "Albion will offer Romaine the relevant support required at this time and continues with its long-standing commitment to help rid football of racism."

Albion boss Sam Allardyce also offered his support to Sawyers and questioned what could be done to stop online abuse.

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote