View Single Post
Old 17-01-21, 17:41   #79
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

No Icon re: The ROYALS: Prince Harry & Meghan Expecting NEW Baby

Prince William and Kates' Secret Third Home on Balmoral Estate Gifted by Queen Mother

The royal couple are said to have shared some of their happiest memories at a secret third home in Balmoral, given to Prince William as a gift from his great-grandmother before her death

Daily Mirror UK, 17 JAN 2021.

Balmoral Castle is the country estate of the British Royal Family since 1852

Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and their children spend time at three different homes (Image: KENSINGTON PALACE/AFP via Getty)

The royals are embracing the outdoors on the countryside estate

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge usually split their time between Kensington Palace and Anmer Hall - but they also have a third home tucked away on the Queen's Balmoral Estate.

Tam-Na-Ghar cottage was given to Prince William as a gift by his great-grandmother the Queen Mother before she died in 2002.

It sits near Prince Charles and Camilla's Birkhall residence on the estate, where they isolated together while the Prince of Wales recovered from Covid last March.

The lesser-known abode holds some of Prince William and Kate's happiest memories.

They have been visiting together since they started dating in 2001.

They enjoyed a staycation at the three-bedroom cottage in the summer of 2019 with Prince George, Prince Charlotte and Prince Louis.

The sheltered residence is so private that no photos have been released

The 50,000-acre Balmoral estate features 150 buildings in total, including the historic Balmoral Castle where the Queen and Prince Philip spend their annual summer break.

The grounds are also home to the Garden Cottage, which was often used by Queen Victoria for taking her breakfast and writing diaries.

There are even several holiday cottages available for let on the estate – except for when the royal family are in residence – including Colt Cottages, Connachat Cottage, Karim Cottage and Rhebreck Lodge.

Birkhall dates from 1715 and was bought by Queen Victoria and Prince Albert for the playboy Prince of Wales - later Edward VII - in 1849.

Since then many royals have honeymooned there, including the Queen and Prince Philip, the Duke and Duchess of Kent, Edward and Sophie Wessex and Charles and Camilla.

In the ITV documentary Prince William: A Planet For Us All, the Duke also said of his eldest son George: "Seeing my children, seeing the passion in their eyes and the love for being outdoors…

"They find a bug or they love watching how bees are forming the honey.

"George, particularly, if he's not outdoors he's quite like a caged animal. He needs to get outside."

William also revealed that the children had helped with lambing on a farm during February half-term last year.

The Duchess has previously shared her love of making her children's birthday cakes with Mary Berry, telling the TV cook: "I love making the cake. It's become a bit of a tradition that I stay up 'til midnight with ridiculous amounts of cake mix and icing and I make far too much. But I love it."

William and Kate have spent the majority of the pandemic embracing the outdoors at their Georgian countryside residence in Anmer Hall.

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote