View Single Post
Old 09-08-20, 00:01   #4
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Angry re: Lazy Boris On Holiday AGAIN as Brits Suffer From DEBT & COVID

‘A Clap in The Face’: Thousands of NHS Nurses and Healthcare Staff March Through UK Streets in Protest at Being Excluded in Pay Rise for Public Sector Employees Who Worked During Pandemic

Masked demonstrators take to the streets of London and urge the Government to give them a pay rise

Nurses were excluded from July public sector pay rise announcement because of prior deal made in 2018, even though they saved Boris life when he had COVID

Government awarded pay rises for workers including teachers and doctors who worked through lockdown

Daily Mail UK, 6 AUG 2020.

Thousands of NHS workers are taking to the streets of the UK to protest against their exclusion from a recent public sector pay rise announcement.

Anger is mounting as NHS workers were overlooked in the latest round of public sector pay rises – despite more than 500 NHS and social care staff dying from Covid-19.

Unite, which has a 100,000 members in the health service, is supporting its members wishing to attend the socially-distanced protests, so that the government can see the depth of discontent and frustration of NHS staff, they say, who continue to be in the frontline in the battle against Covid-19.

A flagship march is taking place in London, which began at St James's Park before protesters made their way along Whitehall towards Downing Street. The march is expected to finish in Parliament Square.

A blue banner reading 'End NHS pay inequality, together we win' led the march.

Many were carrying placards, including one which said:

'Boris remember my neighbour Lewis, what about his pay rise?
'He saved your life now reward us.'

Last month Chancellor announced a 3.1% pay rise for 900,000 public sector workers, including senior doctors, teachers and police officers.

Nurses were not included because they negotiated a separate three-year-deal in 2018. Junior doctors were also excluded because they agreed a new four year deal last year.

NHS workers gathered in St James' Park, London, to protest against their exclusion from the most recent public sector pay rise announcement. Thousands are expected to attend the socially distanced protest which forms part of a national demo

The march is expected to move from St James' Park to Parliament Square as part of a national protest over NHS workers pay

Last month, Chancellor Rishi Sunak announced a 3.1% pay rise for 900,000 public sector workers, including senior doctors, teachers and police officers but nurses were excluded because they agreed a new four year deal last year

NHS workers have said the exclusion from the most recent public sector pay rises flies in the face of the Clap for Carers gesture which saw thousands of Britons head to their doorsteps and show appreciation for NHS workers with applause

Quote:
NHS nurse who worked on the coronavirus frontline is forced to sell her house and move in with her mother after landing in debt...

An NHS nurse who contracted coronavirus while fighting the pandemic was forced to sell her house and move in with her mother after landing in debt over pay problems.

Vikki Gardiner - a community staff nurse and single mother to a six-year-old son - worked 30-hour weeks and took on extra shifts just to make ends meet.

The 33-year-old has even been forced to miss meals in a desperate bid to save up her funds.

She was admitted to hospital in April with Covid-19 after she was left unable to breathe properly.

Ms Gardiner: 'If I didn't love my job so much I would have signed up to stack shelves long ago.

“I had to sell my three-bed house in February because even while working 30 hours a week and taking extra shifts to make ends meet, I was getting more in debt and couldn’t do it anymore.

She added: 'Now I live with my mum and am buying a much smaller property, but even with that I’m so anxious because I don’t know if I’ll have to go back to robbing Peter to pay Paul.'

Ms Gardiner will join the march in Cambridge.

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote