View Single Post
Old 08-10-11, 03:28   #2
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Default Re: NFL Predictions Week 5: 5 NFL Favorites That Should Be on Upset Alert

Ronald Martinez/Getty Images

Are you ready for the list of NFL favorites that should be on upset alert for Week 5?
I bet you are.
But before we get to this week's slate of games, how did last week go?
Well, if you don't want to go back and look at my predictions, let me summarize them for you.
I nailed Buffalo being upset by Cincinnati and held my breath as Detroit came back to beat Dallas.
Miami failed to knock off San Diego in my least confident selection of the week, because as I suggested, the Dolphins' backup cornerbacks couldn't solve Philip Rivers.
St. Louis failed to upset Washington, and I am little bitter about that one because the Rams had their chances to pull out a win.
The game that was totally misread—and I have to take accountability here—is that the Jets failed miserably against the Ravens; simply put, Baltimore's physical defense overwhelmed the Jets' offense.
Well, onto this week with five more favorites that should be on upset alert. Mind you, these are just the five favorites that are most susceptible to taking a fall, not an iron-clad prediction that they will lose.

5. San Francisco 49ers

Rich Schultz/Getty Images

San Francisco (3-1) hosts Tampa Bay (3-1) in a matchup of surprising contenders.

Well, at least the 49ers are surprising contenders, and I think the Buccaneers, currently three-point underdogs, could expose them. The Philadelphia Eagles let San Francisco climb back into a game where they were getting soundly beaten.
The same thing won't happen this week.
Tampa Bay averages somewhere in the ballpark of 31:30 in time of possession, and battering the Niners' defensive line with LeGarrette Blount probably blunts (pun intended) the amount of time San Francisco will have to keep up.
You could also see the Bucs' defenders—Mason Foster, Michael Bennett, Adrian Clayborn and Gerald McCoy—making life very difficult for Niners quarterback Alex Smith.
The bottom line here is that I am skeptical of a San Francisco squad that squeaked by Cincinnati and Philadelphia, and beat a bad Seattle team.
Tampa's schedule has been somewhat questionable as well, but they have at least split games with Atlanta (win) and Detroit (close loss).

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote