View Single Post
Old 01-01-15, 11:06   #10
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,456 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Update re: PhOtOs-Schumacher Progress Painfully Slow >Care Costs Spiral

Shizuo Kambayashi/Associated Press, 1 Jan 2015

Twelve months on from his skiing accident in the French Alps, Michael Schumacher'a manager says the seven-time Formula One champion faces a "long fight" on his road to recovery.
Monday (Dec. 29) marks the one-year anniversary of Schumacher's accident in Meribel. The head injury suffered that day saw the 45-year-old put into an induced coma, which he has since come out. He is now reportedly battling to recover bodily functions, per Reuters

Shuji Kajiyama/Associated Press

There had been hopes that Schumacher was making some progress, but Sabine Kehm is quoted in the report stating that a long journey lies ahead:

"We need a long time. It’s going to be a long time and a hard fight. He is making progress appropriate to the severity of the situation."

LUCA BRUNO/Associated Press

Kehm felt the need to address the public on Schumacher's condition after claims from Philippe Streiff, a former Formula One driver who became a quadriplegic after suffering an accident of his own in 1989.
Speaking to French newspaper Le Parisien, Streiff is alleged to have spoken with Schumacher's wife, Corinna, and surgeon Gerard Saillant, noting the German "had yet to recover the power of speech" but was "nevertheless starting to recognise those close to him."

The Frenchman went on to say that Schumacher's movement was limited but speculated that "long term...he could hope one day to walk with crutches."

Claude Paris/Associated Press/Associated Press

Streiff

Kehm insists Streiff has had no contact with Schumacher's entourage, however, dubbing it "factually wrong" that the 59-year-old had spoken with those he claims to have, adding:

"I cannot confirm that [report]. I can only confirm that I do not know where Mr Streiff has his information from because he has no contact with us and he never has."

Dr. Saillant would appear to confirm Kehm's dismissal, according to Agence France-Presse saying that, in the past 12 months, he hasn't had contact of any sort with Streiff:

"For a year, I have never had any contact, verbal, written or physical with Phillipe Streiff."

Arsenal forward Lukas Podolski posted a tribute to Schumacher via his official Twitter account, encouraging his compatriot to continue the "long fight"

During his racing career, Schumacher displayed grit, determination and a great deal of fight, all the hallmarks required to reach the pinnacle of a sport in the manner he did.
A year after the his accident, the sporting world continues to hope Schumacher's recovery progresses, but patience is required, as stated by Kehm.

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ladybbird For This Useful Post:
FreaknDavid (01-01-15)