View Single Post
Old 21-05-14, 14:46   #1
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Important WARNING Cyber Attack on EBAY-Change Passwords NOW

Use eBay? Then Change Your Passwords NOW:

Site Requests that users update personal details after a major cyber attack

• Attack made between February and March and affects 233 million users
  • Hackers were able to steal what eBay claims is a 'small number' of its employee log in details, allowing them to infiltrate its corporate network
  • This gave hackers access to eBay customers' name, encrypted password, email address, physical address, phone number and date of birth
  • 'The database did not contain financial information,' according to eBay
By Daily Mail UK, 21 May 2014

eBay has urged its 233 million users to change their passwords following a cyber attack that has compromised its databases.

Hackers were able to steal what eBay claims is a 'small number' of its employee log in details, allowing unauthorised access to its corporate network.

The cyber attack was made between late February and early March, giving hackers access to eBay customers' name, encrypted password, email address, physical address, phone number and date of birth.

eBay is requesting that all users change their passwords, according to a message posted on the website of the company's online payment unit PayPal

'The database did not contain financial information or other confidential personal information,' said eBay in a statement.

'There is no evidence of unauthorised access or compromises to personal or financial information for PayPal users.
'PayPal data is stored separately on a secure network, and all PayPal financial information is encrypted.

Beginning later today, eBay users will be notified via email to change their password.

The company said it is also encouraging any eBay user who used the same password on other sites to change those passwords too.

Earlier today, a message was posted under the headline 'eBay Inc. To Ask All eBay Users To Change Passwords.' The only text in the body of the post is 'placeholder text.' It was taken down within hours.

It is yet unknown how the hackers were able to steal employee log in details.

'Working with law enforcement and leading security experts, the company is aggressively investigating the matter and applying the best forensics tools and practices to protect customer,' the group added.

The company added that the compromised employee log-in credentials were first detected about two weeks ago.
Early reports said the password change could have been as a result of the worldwide Heartbleed security breach last month, but PayPal said at the time its servers weren’t at risk and had not been affected.

Some reports claim the password change on eBay could be as a result of the worldwide Heartbleed security breach last month, but PayPal said at the time its servers weren't at risk and had not been affected
END

NB:
I just tried to change my passwords, but it was not possible at this time on their system. When I tried to log in and their system wouldnt let me, so I clicked the "forgotten user ID", etc....
and no auto emails were received by me from them...Looks like their system has real problems...

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ladybbird For This Useful Post:
FreaknDavid (21-05-14)