View Single Post
Old 01-08-13, 12:57   #25
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Default re: PhOtOs-Snowden Granted Asylum/Offered Job in Russia+NSA Updates

US intelligence leaker Edward Snowden has left the Moscow airport where he has been staying since June, his lawyer told the BBC.

Anatoly Kucherena said Mr Snowden had received the necessary asylum papers to enter Russian territory from the transit zone at Sheremetyevo Airport.

The US has charged Mr Snowden with leaking details of its electronic surveillance programmes.
He arrived in Moscow on 23 June from Hong Kong, after making his revelations.

The Snowden affair has caused diplomatic ructions around the world, upsetting America's close allies and traditional enemies.

The US Attorney General, Eric Holder, has given Moscow an assurance that he will not face the death penalty if extradited to America.

The Russians say they do not intend to hand him over.

Profile: Edward Snowden

Edward Snowden, a former CIA technical worker, fled to Hong Kong in May after revealing extensive internet and phone surveillance by US intelligence.
Mr Snowden, 30, had been living with his girlfriend in Hawaii but left for the Chinese Special Administrative Region where, with his consent, the UK's Guardian newspaper revealed his identity.

After the US filed charges and asked local authorities to extradite him, Mr Snowden left Hong Kong on 23 June, initially for Moscow but with the intention of seeking asylum in Ecuador.
Ecuador's Foreign Minister Ricardo Patino said that Mr Snowden's asylum request was being "analysed".

Journalists who interviewed him at his secret location in Hong Kong described him as "quiet, smart, easy-going and self-effacing. A master on computers".

Explaining why he decided to leave the US, he told the Guardian: "I don't want to live in a society that does these sort of things… I do not want to live in a world where everything I do and say is recorded."

The US has charged Mr Snowden with theft of government property, unauthorised communication of national defence information and wilful communication of classified communications intelligence.
Each of the charges carries a maximum 10-year prison sentence.

With the knowledge that the US does have an extradition treaty with Hong Kong, Mr Snowden left on an Aeroflot flight to Moscow.

'Disillusioned'

Mr Snowden is reported to have grown up in Elizabeth City, North Carolina, and later moved to Maryland, near the headquarters of the National Security Agency (NSA) at Fort Meade.
Describing himself as a less than stellar student, he is said to have studied computing at a Maryland community college to get the necessary credits to obtain a high school diploma. However, he never finished the course.

Mr Snowden spent some of his early years near the NSA HQ in Fort Meade

In 2003, he joined the US Army and began training with the Special Forces only to be discharged after breaking both his legs in a training accident.

His first job with the NSA was as a security guard for one of the agency's secret facilities at the University of Maryland. He then worked on IT security at the CIA.
Despite his lack of formal qualifications, his computer wizardry allowed him to quickly rise through intelligence ranks.
By 2007, he was given a CIA post with diplomatic cover in Geneva.

Mr Snowden told the Guardian UK :

"Much of what I saw in Geneva really disillusioned me about how my government functions and what its impact is in the world. I realised that I was part of something that was doing far more harm than good."

Mr Snowden said he had considered going public earlier, but waited to see whether President Barack Obama's election in 2008 would change the US approach.

"[Mr Obama] continued with the policies of his predecessor," he said.

According to campaign finance records, Mr Snowden gave money in 2012 to Republican presidential long-shot Ron Paul, who supports strictly curtailing the powers of government.

Mr Snowden and his girlfriend reportedly moved out of their home in Hawaii on 1 May

Mr Snowden reportedly made two donations of $250 (£160) over the course of the campaign.
He left the CIA in 2009 and began working at the NSA as an employee of various outside contractors, including consulting giant Booz Allen.
The company confirmed he had been an employee of the firm for less than three months, assigned to a team in Hawaii.

"News reports that this individual has claimed to have leaked classified information are shocking, and if accurate, this action represents a grave violation of the code of conduct and core values of our firm, it said.

Mr Snowden admitted to Hong Kong's South China Morning Post newspaper that he took the job at Booz Allen because he wanted access to classified information to gather evidence.

He was formally sacked on 11 June.

Mr Snowden was on a salary of $122,000 according to a statement from his employer.

He and his girlfriend moved out of their home in Waipahu, West Oahu, Hawaii, on 1 May, estate agents said, leaving nothing behind.
A neighbour told ABC that the couple usually kept the blinds and doors closed and "didn't really talk to anyone at all around here".

His girlfriend, whose personal blog includes photos of her pole dancing, has said her partner's sudden disappearance caught her by surprise.

"My world has opened and closed all at once," Lindsay Mills wrote. "Leaving me lost at sea without a compass."

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ladybbird For This Useful Post:
FreaknDavid (02-08-13)