View Single Post
Old 05-09-22, 17:40   #48
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,456 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Movies re: Boris QUITS After Giving GONGS to Pals & LIES to Parliament Over Partygate

Liz Truss to Be New Prime Minister

Liz Truss Announced as UK’s New Prime Minister

Incoming PM Truss pledges to address energy crisis

BBC News 5 SEP 2022.

Liz Truss will become the next Prime Minister after beating Rishi Sunak in the Tory leadership contest.

Ms Truss, 47, triumphed over the former Chancellor following a gruelling two-month campaign. The Foreign Secretary won the backing of 81,326 Tory members, compared with 60,399 for Mr Sunak.

In a speech after the announcement, Ms Truss promised a “bold plan” to cut taxes and grow the economy and “deliver on the energy crisis, dealing with people’s energy bills but also dealing with the long-term issues we have on energy supply”.

She is expected to finalise her choices for the Cabinet and other ministerial roles before being formally appointed by the Queen at Balmoral on Tuesday.

Her victory comes as the UK faces an economic crisis this winter, with household energy bills set to rise to £3,549 from October and inflation poised to exceed 18 per cent next year, according to Citigroup.

Liz Truss with her husband Hugo

Ms Truss is strongly considering freezing energy bills to ease the burden on households this winter, according to reports.
However, she has remained tight-lipped about what kind of support package she might introduce.

The Times reports the package could be on the scale of the furlough scheme introduced by Mr Sunak when the Covid pandemic struck, while The Telegraph suggests the specifics of such a policy are still being debated.

Priti Patel ‘to resign from Government and head to backbenches'

Home Secretary Priti Patel is heading to the backbenches, according to reports, once a new person has been appointed to the role.

In a letter obtained by the Sun’s Political Editor, Harry Cole, Ms Patel writes: “I congratulate Liz Truss on being elected our new Leader, and will give her my support as our new Prime Minister.

“It is my choice to continue my public service to the country and the Witham constituency from the backbenches, once Liz formally assumes office and a new Home Secretary is appointed.

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote