View Single Post
Old 07-04-22, 13:03   #26
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,456 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Movies re: PUTINS' WAR-UK & US Investigate Use of Chemical Weapons-Russian Warship Explodes

Russian ‘Barbarians’ Target Wastern Ukraine as Ukraine Veterans Prepare For Battle in Occupied Luhansk

STOP Being Spooked by PUTIN-He WONT STOP at Ukraine -NATO Must Step Up

--- MP Tobias Ellwood -Chair UK Defence Committee RAGES at NATO to step up to save Ukrainians & 'vital' port of Odesa

---NATO must step up to save the "vital" grain export port of Odesa as the Russian onslaught on Ukraine continues, Tobias Ellwood insisted.

Russia Will Regard Weak Sanctions as Permission to Attack', says Zelenskiy

BBC News 7 APR 2022.

Ukraine Veterans Prepare For Battle in Occupied Luhansk

---The sound of Russian artillery grew louder as we drove to a Ukrainian frontline position in Luhansk. The rumble of shelling interspersed with the occasional burst of small arms fire. We were within 500 metres of the Russian positions.

Roman says his troops are ready for a fight with regrouping Russian soldiers

A maze of trenches makes the front line feel like something from the First World War

Anatoly, a 52-year-old soldier, peered through a periscope from his trench to view the Russian positions. He told me "I see the Russians, they look like me".

Western nations have supplied Ukraine with over 17,000 javelin...

This may be a conflict in the 21st century but, at times, with its maze of trenches, it feels more like something from the First World War.

Russia's military offensive in eastern Ukraine is already intensifying. You can see it in the long queues of traffic driving west towards relative safety; you can feel it in the deserted streets as you drive through the towns and cities of the Donbas; and you can hear it with the increasing sound of Russian artillery.

Russia is redeploying more of its forces from northern to eastern Ukraine. The objective is to step up the battle in the Luhansk and Donetsk - parts of which were already controlled by Russian backed separatists. Russia will take advantage of its shorter supply lines - something which proved a problem in its failed offensive on the capital Kiev.

Russia and its proxies now control around 90% of Luhansk and more than half of Donetsk - the old industrial heartlands of Ukraine. There is smoke rising across a landscape already scarred by mining and factories.

Ukrainian forces have been fighting a war here for the past eight years. Their units include some of the country's most battle hardened troops. Western officials say Ukrainian forces stationed in the Donbas are the best trained and equipped units.

As the Russian offensive pushes from the north, east and south there is a real danger they may soon be encircled and cut off.

Ukraine has already lost ground to Russia. But they are digging in for the fight. As we travelled east towards the frontline we saw new defensive positions and trenches being dug.

But he was ready to hold the line. He said "if they try to take our position, I will kill them. If I don't kill them, they will kill me. It's the rules of war."

---Donbas: Ukraine tells residents in the east to evacuate

Maps: Tracking the Russian invasion

Most of the men we talked to believed that their well-prepared trenches and defences will give them the upper hand against the invaders.

Andrej, a 27-year-old soldier, was kept company in his gloomy dug out by his pet dog Lucifer. He told me "we have good weapons and good fortifications and if Russia attacks us here they will lose".

The troops say they've been supplied with western weapons such as javelin anti-tank missiles. They were grateful, but were hoping for more.

Andrej said that President Putin is a "psycho" but he added that his dead Russian soldiers would be good fertiliser for the soil.

The troops looked weary from the fighting, but all said morale was high.

Roman, a deputy commander, had spent four years studying psychology at Lviv University. As well as fighting he was able to offer his men mental health support.

But he said "usually people don't need my help. They have a good motivation for fighting for their family, friends and home, unlike the Russians", who he dismissively described as "zombies".

The Ukrainian troops are all well aware that Russia is redeploying more forces to the east. They know that worse is to come.

But Roman believes that Ukraine's forces are more tactically astute. He said that Russia's military doctrine had not progressed since World War Two, relying on artillery.

That Russian artillery though is already forcing tens of thousands of people to leave their homes.

STOP Being Spooked by PUTIN-He WONT STOP at Ukraine -NATO Must Step Up....

NATO must step up to save the "vital" grain export port of Odesa as the Russian onslaught on Ukraine continues, Tobias Ellwood insisted....

Tobias Ellwood says the west needs to not be ‘spooked’ by Russia

The chair of the Defence Select Committee told Western leaders to stop being "spooked" by Vladimir Putin, as the Russian President has threatened retaliation for any action he feels is a threat from Western nations.

Peace talks are ongoing but the civilian massacre of Bucha in Ukraine has caused outright condemnation for alleged war crimes committed by Russian troops. Tobias Ellwood then went on to explain how important it was for NATO to get involved and control the port of Odesa, so exports can continue.

Russia Ukraine conflict: Mass graves discovered amid new claims of war crimes on eastern border...
& MP Tobias Ellwood -Chair UK Defence Committee WARNING

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote