View Single Post
Old 29-01-22, 10:17   #27
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,456 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Movies re: UKRAINE-Russia & US Tensions-Powers Clash at UN Security Council

US Warns Russia Conflict With Ukraine Would be Horrific as Tensions Simmer

US Sends Ttoops to Eastern Europe and NATO countries

Biden says the US is moving troops to Eastern Europe and NATO countries in 'near term'

Top US officials call for diplomacy to address Russian military buildup on the Ukraine border, saying conflict is ‘not inevitable’

BBC News 29 Jan 2022

President Joe Biden, with retiring US Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer, speaks in the Roosevelt Room of the White House in Washington, DC,

President Joe Biden said that the US will move "not a lot" of troops to Eastern Europe in the "near term."

President Joe Biden told reporters on Friday that the US will move to send troops to Eastern Europe and NATO countries in the region in the near future.

"I'll be moving US troops to Eastern Europe and the NATO countries in the near term — not a lot," Biden told reporters at Joint Base Andrews in Prince George's County, Maryland.

The White House and Pentagon did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.

Shortly before the president's comments, on Friday, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Mark Milley said that a Russian invasion of Ukraine would be "horrific" and result in a "significant number of casualties," urging Russia to pursue a diplomatic path.

Earlier this week, Defense Secretary Lloyd J. Austin III instructed 8,500 troops to be on "high alert," for deployment to Eastern Europe, according to The New York Times.

During a call on Thursday, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky told the US President to "calm down" and stressed that Biden had created "unwanted panic" in their talks about a potential war with neighboring Russia.

"I'm the president of Ukraine, and I'm based here, and I think I know the details better here," Zelensky told reporters on Friday.

On Ukraine front line as nervous troops waiting for war exchange shots and mortar rounds

After months of tension, Ukrainian troops know they could face a tsunami of armoured violence as Europe tips towards bloody conflict. Russian President Vladimir Putin is keeping the world guessing

In the snow-blanketed fields of eastern Europe hundreds of thousands of troops face each other in sub-zero, bitingly cold trenches and shell-smashed buildings, bracing for war.

Many are unseen, camouflaged, heavily-armed and hidden behind
anti-sniper netting, huddled behind derelict buildings and exchanging the odd shot, mortar round or artillery shell.

After months of tension, they know they could be just a few words barked down a radio from a tsunami of armoured violence as Europe tips towards bloody conflict.

The monument of the Three Sisters, in the tense no-man’s land between Ukraine, Belarus and Russia has proudly celebrated friendship between the three countries since 1975.

We visited it, close to the north Ukrainian village of Senkivka, and find ourselves in a stateless no-man’s land the size of two football pitches, sadly now a deluded landmark of peace.

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote