View Single Post
Old 27-08-17, 13:08   #16
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,456 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Race Car Re: PhOtOs/VIDEOs-Schumachers Son Drives 1994 Benetton Commemorating His Father's 1st

Michael Schumacher Honoured at Spa as Son Mick Drives a 1994 Benetton Commemorating His Father's First Win
  • The car was same spec raced by Schumacher Snr to his first F1 win at Spa in 1994
  • Schumacher Jnr is a racer himself in F3 series, and returned the name to F1 here
  • He wore a 50/50 helmet design for the two laps, half his and half his father's
Daily Mail UK, 27 Aug 2017.

Michael Schumacher may have seen his record for the highest number of pole positions in F1 equalled, but he remains an icon of the sport.
Schumacher's first win in F1 - of a clear record of 91 first places - came in 1994 at the Belgian Grand Prix in Spa, where the sport's circus has pitched up this weekend.

To mark the occasion, Schumacher's son, Mick, raced the same spec car as his father used back in 1994 on two laps of the Spa circuit.

Michael Schumacher was honoured by his son Mick who drove a 1994 Benetton at Spa

The car was the same spec as that raced by Schumacher to his first F1 win at Spa in 1994

Schumacher Jnr is a racer himself in the Formula 3 series, and returned the name to F1 here.

Mick certainly takes after his dad, and is currently 11th in the Formula 3 European Championship.
To do the lap honouring his father, Schumacher junior wore a 50/50 helmet design, half his and half his father's.

The event itself was slightly delayed due to a serious crash in an earlier race on the Spa circuit, however Schumacher eventually made it out and put on a fine display in the spirit of his father.

Schumacher senior was honoured on an emotional weekend at Spa which saw Lewis Hamilton record his 68th pole in F1 - levelling the Benetton and Ferrari legend's record.

Schumacher Jnr wore a 50/50 helmet design for the two laps, half his and half his father's

Schumacher Jnr.

Hamilton, after equaling Schumacher's mark on a track where he won six times, said: 'It is definitely a special day. I knew it was on the horizon and at some stage I would get the 68th pole. I did not apply pressure, but now it is an unusual place to be.

'I remember coming to Spa in 1996 for my first grand prix, and watching Michael come out of turn one, and the vibration of the engine shook my rib cage. It was incredible. That is when my love for the sport took another step. Now, to think I have equalled him on poles is very surreal and very much a humbling experience.'

It was while skiing with 18-year-old Mick on a family holiday that Michael sustained severe head injuries in France on December 29, 2013. He has been cared for at his home in Switzerland since September 2014.

The current condition of the 48-year-old Schumacher's health remains closely guarded among family and close associates.

This weekend saw Lewis Hamilton equal Michael Schumacher's record of 68 poles in F1

Hamilton paid tribute to Schumacher, saying it was a 'humbling experience' to equal his mark

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote