View Single Post
Old 08-10-15, 18:52   #18
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,456 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Breaking News re: FIFA 2018/2022 World Cup Bids WERE 'FIXED'> says Blatter +CORRUPTION Charges

Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini Suspended by FIFA for 90 days...
- Over £1.35m Payment from President to UEFA Chief

• FIFA's ethics committee has provisionally suspended Sepp Blatter, Michel Platini and Jerome Valcke for 90 days
  • Blatter is embroiled in scandal that has engulfed football's governing body
  • Platini says there is nothing untoward about a £1.35m payment he received
  • Chung Mong-joon banned for six years and fined 100,000 Swiss francs
  • Earlier on Thursday, UEFA president Platini hit back at the 'insidious' leak
  • David Gill has called for emergency meeting of FIFA executive Committee
  • FIFA vice president released statement declaring his backing for Platini
  • UEFA have also given their backing to Platini who will remain president
  • IOC president Thomas Bach declared 'enough is enough' over the scandal
  • Issa Hayatou, boss of the Confederation of African Football (CAF), will serve as acting president of FIFA

FIFA released a statement on Thursday confirming the provisional bans for Blatter, Platini and Valcke

After Blatter and Platini are Suspended From Football over Corruption Allegations...

- Meet the Men Who Will Take over,,,
(and They’re NOT Exactly Squeaky Clean Themselves)

• Issa Hayatou, the boss of the CAF, will serve as acting president of FIFA
  • Hayatou was reprimanded by the IOC after Panorama bribery allegations
  • Angel Villar Llona is positioned to replace Michel Platini as UEFA president
  • Villar Llona also has an ethics committee investigation hanging over him
Daily Mail UK, 8 October 2015

Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini have both been provisionally banned for 90 days from any football-related activity in a ruling that throws world football into total meltdown.

FIFA secretary-general Jerome Valcke has also been banned for 90 days meaning the three most powerful men in world football are now all provisionally suspended while investigations by FIFA's ethics committee continue.

The ban will effectively end outgoing FIFA president Blatter's ambitions to stay on until February, while UEFA president Platini's hopes of succeeding him lie in tatters.

Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini have been provisionally suspended by FIFA's ethics committee for 90 days

Journalists gather outside FIFA's headquarters in Zurich as world football is thrown into total meltdown

This follows the inquiry into the £1.35m payment Platini received in 2011 for consultancy work for Blatter

Blatter (right) has been 'provisionally suspended for 90 days' amid a criminal investigation into him

Quote:

FIFA PRESIDENT BLATTER AND UEFA CHIEF PLATINI ISSUE STATEMENTS

Sepp Blatter Statement;

Blatter's lawyers issued a statement claiming the ethics committee should have allowed him to be heard.
The statement said: 'President Blatter was disappointed that the ethics committee did not follow the code of ethics and disciplinary code, both of which provide for an opportunity to be heard.

Further, the ethics committee based its decision on a misunderstanding of the actions of the Attorney General in Switzerland, which has opened an investigation but brought no charge against the president.

'In fact, the prosecutors will be obliged by law to dismiss the case if their investigation, barely two weeks old, does not establish sufficient evidence. President Blatter looks forward to the opportunity to present evidence that will demonstrate that he did not engage in any misconduct, criminal or otherwise.'

Michel Platini Statement;

UEFA president Platini claimed the fact that news of the impending ban was leaked on Wednesday was an attempt to damage his reputation.

'It was reported last night that the investigatory chamber of the FIFA Ethics Committee intends to recommend to its adjudicatory chamber that I be given a 90-day suspension,' read a statement before the decision was confirmed.

'This deliberate leak – which is insidious in nature and has come about in an unacceptable manner – is essentially an attempt to damage my reputation. Over the last few weeks, I have stressed my willingness to cooperate fully with the authorities carrying out the various enquiries in compliance with the strictest procedural rules. FIFA, on the other hand, has clearly flouted those rules.

'I have always acted and expressed myself with honesty, courage and candour, as I feel that this is my moral duty. If what is being reported regarding the intentions of the investigatory chamber of the FIFA Ethics Committee is indeed true, I will stop at nothing to ensure that the truth is known. Nobody should be in any doubt as to my determination to achieve that objective.'
Platini had been the favourite to succeed 79-year-old Blatter but the ban prevents all three men from being involved in any football-related activity for the next three months while investigations continue. The 90-day suspension can also be extended by a further 45 days, taking it up until just six days before the FIFA presidential election is due on February 26.

The ethics committee also announced that another FIFA presidential candidate Chung Mong-joon from Korea has been banned for six years and fined 100,000 Swiss francs for breaking rules during the 2022 World Cup bid campaign.

This follows an inquiry into the £1.35million payment Platini received in 2011 for consultancy work for Blatter nine years earlier, a time lag which he has yet to explain.

Blatter is also being investigated for selling World Cup TV rights to his FIFA colleague Jack Warner at a knock-down price that later netted the Trinidadian an £11m profit.

A statement from FIFA's ethics committee said: 'The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee chaired by Hans Joachim Eckert has provisionally banned FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter, UEFA President and FIFA Vice-President Michel Platini, and FIFA Secretary General Jerome Valcke (who has already been put on leave by his employer FIFA) for a duration of 90 days.

FIFA secretary-general Jerome Valcke has been banned for 90 days, FIFA's ethic committee has announced

Presidential candidate Chung Mong-joon has been banned for six years and fined 100,000 Swiss francs

'The duration of the bans may be extended for an additional period not exceeding 45 days. The former FIFA Vice-President Chung Mong-joon has been banned for six years and fined CHF 100,000.

During this time, the above individuals are banned from all football activities on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately.

'The grounds for these decisions are the investigations that are being carried out by the investigatory chamber of the Ethics Committee. The chairman of the chamber is Dr Cornel Borbély. The investigation into Joseph S. Blatter is being carried out by Robert Torres, the investigation into Michel Platini by Vanessa Allard.

'The proceedings against the South Korean football official Chung Mong-joon were opened in January 2015 based on findings in the report on the investigation into the bidding process for the 2018/2022 FIFA World Cups.

'He has been found guilty of infringing article 13 (General rules of conduct), article 16 (Confidentiality), article 18 (Duty of disclosure, cooperation and reporting), article 41 (Obligation of the parties to collaborate) and article 42 (General obligation to collaborate) of the FIFA Code of Ethics. The Ethics Committee is unable to comment on the details of the decisions until they become final, due to the provisions of article 36 (Confidentiality) of the FIFA Code of Ethics.'

Blatter and Platini can appeal to FIFA's appeals committee but will still be suspended until they are heard. Valcke had already been suspended by FIFA after allegations he was implicated in a World Cup tickets scheme.

European football body UEFA have given their support to Platini and said on Thursday that he will not be replaced as president after he was provisionally suspended from the sport by FIFA's Ethics Committee.

'The UEFA Executive Committee saw no need, at this moment in time, to invoke Article 29(5) of the UEFA Statutes, pursuant to which the highest-ranking Vice-President of UEFA may step in to assume the powers and duties of the president in his absence," UEFA said in a statement.

'This is because the UEFA Executive Committee is aware that the UEFA president will immediately take all necessary steps to appeal the decision of the FIFA Ethics Committee to clear his name.'

FIFA vice president David Gill and fellow executive committee member Wolfgang Niersbach have called for an emergency meeting of FIFA's ruling body to be held.

According to a statement from the English Football Association, of which Gill is vice chairman, the FA says 'there will be a meeting of the 54 UEFA nations as soon as next week.'

The FA was one of the first federations to endorse Michel Platini's candidacy for FIFA president, and the English are not withdrawing that backing yet.

'At the FA board meeting last week, we decided that remained our position while inquiries into certain allegations were being investigated,' the FA said. 'We now await the results of both the ethics committee inquiry and the investigation of the Swiss attorney general.'

But International Olympic Committee president Thomas Bach has declared 'enough is enough' over the FIFA scandal and demanded that football's world governing body considers a 'credible external candidate' as president to help clean up the mess.

International Olympic Committee president Thomas Bach has declared 'enough is enough' over the scandal

The IOC president said in a statement: 'Enough is enough. We hope that now, finally, everyone at FIFA has at last understood that they cannot continue to remain passive. They must act swiftly to regain credibility because you cannot forever dissociate the credibility of FIFA from the credibility of football.'

Issa Hayatou, boss of the Confederation of African Football (CAF), will serve as acting president of FIFA.

In 2011, Hayatou was reprimanded by the International Olympics Committee's ethics commission after he confirmed to them that he was paid by FIFA's former marketing agency International Sport and Leisure in 1995.

The IOC said such an action constituted a conflict of interest. Hayatou denied any personal gain or wrongdoing.

After it was confirmed he would serve as acting president, Hayatou released a statement: 'Today, amid extraordinary circumstances, I have assumed the office of FIFA President pursuant to Article 32 (6) of the FIFA Statutes.

Hayatou, 69, was reprimanded by the International Olympics Committee's ethics commission in 2011

Spanish Football Federation president Angel Villar Llona (left) is positioned to take over from Platini

'I will serve only on an interim basis. A new President will be chosen by the Extraordinary Congress on 26 February 2016. I myself will not be a candidate for that position.'

And Spain's Angel Villar Llona will takeover from Platini at UEFA where there must be strong doubts the French former football great can return.
Spanish Football Federation president Villar is positioned to take over from Platini as he is the European governing body's highest-ranking vice-president.

Villar has been widely reported to be facing a FIFA ethics investigation himself related to Spain's joint bid with Portugal for the 2018 World Cup. FIFA's ethics committee is not allowed to confirm or deny the existence of any investigations.

FIFA is engulfed in a scandal, with the FBI having raided their offices and arrested several executives in Zurich

Quote:
TIMELINE OF CONTROVERSY THAT HAS ENGULFED THE GOVERNING BODY

MAY 2002

After becoming FIFA president in 1998, Blatter seeks re-election four years later but his campaign is blighted by rumours of financial irregularities.

DEC 2010

Blatter reveals Qatar will stage the 2022 World Cup.

MAY 2011

After rival Mohammed bin Hammam withdraws from the presidential election amid allegations of bribery, Blatter runs unopposed and elected for a fourth term.

APRIL 2013

FIFA's ethics committee concludes an investigation into bribery allegations surrounding the awarding of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups. Blatter is cleared of any wrongdoing.

Blatter resigned as FIFA president in June this year, four days after being re-elected to a fifth term

MAY 2015

Fourteen FIFA officials are arrested over 'rampant and systemic' corruption allegations. Blatter is urged to resign, despite not being implicated. He is again re-elected as FIFA president.

JUNE 2015

Blatter announces his resignation as president, before Swiss newspaper Blick claims he did not actually resign.

SEPTEMBER 2015

Swiss prosecutors open a criminal investigation into him.

OCTOBER 2015

Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini are provisionally banned for 90 days.
Earlier on Thursday, UEFA president Platini claimed the fact that news of the impending ban was leaked on Wednesday was an attempt to damage his reputation.

'It was reported last night that the investigatory chamber of the FIFA Ethics Committee intends to recommend to its adjudicatory chamber that I be given a 90-day suspension,' read a statement.

'This is clearly an extremely serious matter – all the more so given that this information appears to have come from an official FIFA source, despite the fact that the Ethics Committee, which is supposed to act with full independence, has not yet issued its decision.

Blatter and UEFA president Platini (left) are both facing suspensions which could spell their demise

Several of FIFA's leading sponsors, including Coca-Cola, have called for Blatter's immediate resignation

Quote:

WHAT FIFA'S ETHICS COMMITTEE RULES STATE

FIFA's ethics committee rules state the maximum 90-day provisional suspension can be extended for a further 45 days.
That would see the provisional suspension end on February 20 - only six days before the election of Blatter's successor is due to take place - meaning a disciplinary hearing would have to take place before that time.

The pair can appeal against the suspension to FIFA's appeals committee within two days of being notified of the decision but they will remain suspended at least until the appeal is held.

Blatter's lawyers had claimed they would expect the 'ethics committee would want to hear from the president and his counsel, and conduct a thorough review of the evidence, before making any recommendation to take disciplinary action'.

That does not need to be the case for a provisional suspension however.

FIFA ethics rules state: 'The chairman of the adjudicatory chamber may make his decision on the basis of the case files available to him, without hearing the parties, in which case the parties shall be summoned to a hearing or invited to submit written statements after the decision has been issued.
'After hearing the parties, the chairman of the adjudicatory chamber shall confirm, revoke or amend his decision.'
'This deliberate leak – which is insidious in nature and has come about in an unacceptable manner – is essentially an attempt to damage my reputation. Over the last few weeks, I have stressed my willingness to cooperate fully with the authorities carrying out the various enquiries in compliance with the strictest procedural rules. FIFA, on the other hand, has clearly flouted those rules.

'I have always acted and expressed myself with honesty, courage and candour, as I feel that this is my moral duty. If what is being reported regarding the intentions of the investigatory chamber of the FIFA Ethics Committee is indeed true, I will stop at nothing to ensure that the truth is known. Nobody should be in any doubt as to my determination to achieve that objective.

'In the meantime, a dispassionate, independent and impartial judicial body needs to shine a light on the events that led the FIFA Ethics Committee to open these investigatory proceedings.

'This morning I submitted the letters of support that are required in order to stand as a candidate for the presidency of FIFA. As I have always done since 2007, I will fulfil my obligations after consulting UEFA's 54 member associations, which I will ask to convene shortly in Nyon. I will also meet with all the other confederations and FIFA's member associations in the spirit of openness that has always characterised my actions.

'I am certain that we will overcome this difficulty with full transparency and the unity that gives football its strength.'

On Thursday morning Platini submitted the letters of nomination from supporting associations to FIFA but his hopes of running for president appeared to have been dashed.

Blatter, 79, who has held FIFA's top job since 1998, has been embroiled in high-profile corruption allegations

Quote:

TROUBLED TIMES FOR FIFA FOLLOWING THE CORRUPTION ALLEGATIONS

Jerome Valcke (general secretary): Released from duties after allegations that he was implicated in a ticketing scandal.

Chuck Blazer (executive committee member): Banned from all football-related activity for life after admitting he took and facilitated bribes for the awarding of the 1998 and 2010 World Cups.

Eugenio Figueredo (executive committee vice-president), Jeffrey Webb (executive committee vice-president), Nicolas Leoz (executive committee), Eduardo Li (executive committee), Jose Maria Marin (2014 World Cup committee), Julio Rocha Lopez (FIFA development officer):
All arrested by US authorities on corruption charges.

Joao Havelange (honorary president): Resigned after being accused of taking bribes.

Vernon Manilal Fernando (executive committee): Banned for life after investigation into bribery and corruption.

Ricardo Teixeira (executive committee): Resigned after being accused of taking bribes.

Mohamed Bin Hammam (executive committee): Banned from all football activity for life after being found guilty of bribery.

Jack Warner (executive committee): Resigned after being suspended on suspicion of bribery.

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote