View Single Post
Old 04-08-15, 02:54   #2
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: Attacking God’s Word

Folks, that is exactly what we as a society think about God today and we are on a fast track to judgment. Consider Psalm 14:1-4. (NIV)
“The fool says in his heart, “”There is no God.” They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good. The Lord looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God. All have turned away, all have become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one. Do all these evildoers know nothing?”
Consider Romans 3:10-18. (NIV)
As it is written: “There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one.” “Their throats are open graves; their tongues practice deceit.” “The poison of vipers is on their lips.” “Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.” “Their feet are swift to shed blood; ruin and misery mark their ways, and the way of peace they do not know.” “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”
Consider Galatians 6:7-8. (NIV)
“Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.”
I have been told that I need to speak more about love and less about judgment. I replied that I have often spoken about love, but there also comes a time we need to know that judgment is coming.
God has been removed from every facet of our society. We have clearly stated by our actions that we want nothing to do with God and what He has to say. God has spoken very clearly in His Bible, His Word, what He expects of mankind. There are no gray areas. We have the attitude that since we live in the 21st century, we are the brightest of the brightest and all those who lived before us are idiots. We know everything. We don’t need God in our lives. We are our own god. We call the shots.
Our society has taken everything God has stated positively and made it a negative. We have taken everything God has stated negatively and made it a positive. We have made such a mess of this planet, only God can fix it, and that He will.
We may attack His Word all we want, but He will have the last say. The few Christians in this world who still listen to God will face more and more persecution. How much before He comes for His Church, the bride? I don’t know, but let us be faithful. Already, we are the laughing stock in our society. As I said earlier, even those who I didn’t think would entertain perverted worldly beliefs have fallen hook, line and sinker for Satan’s lies.
The United States of America is no longer a Christian nation. It is now a perverted cesspool of debauchery. We are a nation of idolatrous heathen much like Sodom and Gomorrah of old. The people of Noah’s day have nothing on us when it comes to sin. We are very familiar with it, and we love it. We live like the devil and claim it is from God. We accept the lies of Satan as truth, and call the Truth of God a lie. He will not be mocked. His Word will stand.
We have attacked God’s Word. Therefore He has given us up to sinful desires (Romans 1:24-25). We have attacked His veracity. Therefore God has given us up to shameful lusts (Romans 1:26-27). We have rejected God, and He has given us up to depraved minds. (Romans 1:28-32)

The love of God is so great (John 3:16) that even though we are His enemies, He will forgive any who come to Him with a repentant heart through His Son Jesus. By His grace He will give us what we do not deserve and withhold from us what we do deserve. However, His justice cannot be ignored. Our rejection will leave Him no choice but to give us what we deserve and withhold from us what we do not deserve.
To attack God, as we are doing, and make a mockery of His Word is begging for the wrath of God to come down upon us. It is coming for those who refuse to repent. When the Tribulation period does arrive, the world will experience the full wrath of Almighty God. Some will love Him, repent and die for Him, while others will curse Him as they feel the smothering weight of His justice. One thing is certain; the world will then know that God is not some old white-haired man in the sky that winks at evil.
There is one God, and it is not us. We can’t just do as we please and mock God. He will have the last say whether we like it, or agree with it, or not.
Grant Phillips
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote