View Single Post
Old 18-04-15, 13:29   #2
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Race Car re: VIDEOs-Top Gear-BBC Desperate to Keep May & Hammond-Clarkson is Fired

I'll Miss Top Gear, says Clarkson
-as Angela Rippon says SHE'D Go Back to the Show if The BBC Asked Her

• Clarkson has not spoken publicly about sacking since news broke in March
  • He today gave 'heartfelt thanks' to fans, saying he would 'miss being there'
  • Rippon, 70, keen to return to show and wants woman in presenting line-up
  • Meanwhile, bosses are reportedly trying to cling onto James May and Richard Hammond

Daily Mail UK, 18 April 2015

Jeremy Clarkson has finally spoken out about his high-profile sacking from Top Gear, saying he would 'miss' fronting the BBC2 show.
Clarkson, 54, who was fired in March after attacking a producer during filming, has not publicly addressed his dismissal, apart from to say that 'everyone's upset'.
But the presenter today gave his 'heartfelt thanks' to those who sent their support in the aftermath of his sacking, saying he would 'miss being there'.

It came as Ms Rippon, 70, who first presented the show 38 years ago, said she would be keen to return to the motoring show if she were invited back.

Scroll down for videos

Jeremy Clarkson (top) today revealed he would 'miss' fronting Top Gear, as it emerged that former presenter Angela Rippon would be keen to return to the motoring show

Ms Rippon, 70, who first presented the show 38 years ago, said it would be 'great' if she were invited back to front Top Gear

Writing in The Sun, Clarkson said: 'Heartfelt thanks to all those who have written to say how much they will miss me on Top Gear. It's not as much, however, as I'll miss being there.'

Clarkson was dropped by the BBC after an internal investigation found he had launched an 'unprovoked' 30-second physical attack on producer Oisin Tymon because he was offered a plate of cold cuts instead of steak and chips.
The presenter was found to have split the producer's lip and verbally abused him.

Following weeks of speculation over the star's future, Lord Hall, the director-general of the corporation, publicly announced in March that the BBC would not be renewing Clarkson's contract.
He said Clarkson had 'crossed the line' and that 'there cannot be one rule for one and one rule for another'.
Now, with the future of the show still up in the air, former newsreader Ms Rippon said it would be 'great' if she was invited back.

She said: 'It would be great if they said "let's get the old girl back to do the odd film for us". What I did all those years ago is totally different to what they do now.
'If a programme is going to have longevity, which Top Gear has, it has to keep evolving.'
She added that there should be a woman included in the team - because half the drivers on the road are female.

Jodie Kidd, the former model, has already been linked to the show. It also emerged last month that DIY SOS star Nick Knowles could become the new Top Gear presenter because the BBC believe he is a 'safe pair of hands'.

Meanwhile, BBC bosses are said to be desperately trying to hold onto James May (top) and Richard Hammond - Clarkson's co-presenters - for the BBC2 show

Mr May has previously said that the trio 'came as a package', while Hammond - not ruling out a return - said the sacking marked 'the end of an era'

But BBC bosses are reportedly still trying to persuade Richard Hammond and James May to continue with the show, in a bid to cling onto long-term fans.
Although May, 52, and Hammond, 45, have both hinted separately that they do not see a future with Top Gear, both have remained silent on the issue for the past few weeks.

A source said: 'Richard is a TV presenter and this could be his chance to become top dog - he's been on the show a bit longer than James. That is a big opportunity to pass over.'
They added: 'It would be a great shame to lose all the talent in one go - re-booting it from scratch would be a far harder task than replacing one.'

Mr May has previously said that the trio 'came as a package', while Hammond - not ruling out a return - said the sacking marked 'the end of an era'.

But little has been said since the initial reaction to the sacking. Some believe the presenters are remaining silent while waiting for bids from rival channels, which may want to sign up the group as a trio.
All three were on the cusp of signing new three-year deals when the Clarkson fracas unfolded.

Some believe the pair are remaining silent while waiting for bids from rival channels, which may want to snap up the former Top Gear group as a trio

The day after Clarkson's sacking, May gave a big hint that he has no plans to return to Top Gear, suggesting he is to ‘go back to normal life.’
The presenter admitted he was already considering what to do next with his life - and suggested he might even ditch cars to become a teacher.
He said: 'I might want to do something completely different with my life, I'm quite old now. (I might do) something outside of cars, I always wanted to be a teacher.'
He also seemed to confirm speculation that he would leave the top-rating programme, saying: 'We always knew it wasn't going to last forever'.

Clarkson, 54, was sacked after attacking Oisin Tymon in an episode which Lord Hall said had 'crossed the line'

But the BBC's creative director Alan Yentob previously made it clear he wanted May and Hammond to continue presenting the show without Clarkson, despite acknowledging it would be 'perfectly natural' for the pair to have reservations about continuing.

He said: 'It's perfectly natural for them. They are a team they have worked together for a very long time, they are all very attached.
'If Jeremy is not in it and Richard and James are, that needs to be a conversation with them as well. They need to be happy about what's going on and where they think the programme needs to be.'

May fronts several other TV programmes, including the popular James May's Toy Stories, James May's Man Lab and Oz and James' Big Wine Adventure with wine expert Oz Clarke.

Hammond has a successful career as a children’s television host, fronting the second series of National Geographic's Science of Stupid. He also hosted BBC1’s physical game show Total Wipeout and the CBBC series Blast Lab before they were axed.

Clarkson, May and Hammond are scheduled to take part in the live Top Gear shows next month. But the shows have been renamed, without BBC branding.

Earlier this month North Yorkshire Police said that following an investigation Clarkson would face no further police action over his attack on the producer at a hotel.

Clarkson pulled out of his planned appearance hosting BBC satirical show Have I Got News For You, which was due to be filmed next week, and aired a day later.

It would have marked his first BBC appearance since the fracas which led to his departure.

Lord Hall Announces Sacking of Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson

James May Doesn't Know if He Will Stay at Top Gear

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ladybbird For This Useful Post:
shadowwar (06-03-16)