View Single Post
Old 29-03-15, 00:11   #1
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,456 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

European Union PhOtOs-UK Earl Raped 7yr old Son>Aristocrats 'Feel Entitled to Abuse People'

Aristocrats 'Feel Entitled to Abuse People' Says Son of the 10th Earl of Sandwich who was Raped by his Father as a Child

• Robert Montagu made remarks while discussing book telling of his abuse
  • Said 'noteworthy families' are often given more opportunities to abuse
  • He was groomed and attacked by his own father from age seven to 11
  • Confessed abuse to his mother and family doctor but nothing was done
Daily Mail UK, 28 March 2015

Those from noteworthy families often feel entitled to abuse young people according to Robert Montagu, the son of the 10th Earl of Sandwich who was abused by his own father as a boy.

He made the comments at the Oxford Literary Festival while discussing his book, A Humour Of Love, in which he reveals years of abuse, including a single rape, carried out by father Victor.

Mr Montagu said that, during his years at Eton University, rape was common, adding that people with 'entitled backgrounds' were given 'more opportunities' to be abusive towards children.

Robert Montagu, son of the 10th Earl of Sandwich, suffered years of abuse by his father. Speaking at a Literary festival in Oxford, he said 'noteworthy families' often feel entitled to abuse people

In a report he said: 'People from noteworthy families do feel a sense of entitlement.
'It is true that people from an entitled background have more opportunities, maybe circumstances have made it more likely that they will abuse.

'We used to have this ethos that you just kept quiet about things in your life. At school you were taught the stiff upper lip. Thank goodness we got rid of that lip.'

Mr Montagu was abused by his father (pictured) from the age of seven to 11, including rape

Mr Montagu has talked in the past about how a loving relationship with his father turned to abuse when he was aged seven.

It began after his mother, Rosemary Peto, goddaughter of Queen Maud of Norway, left the family home, and he believes his father used it as a way to cope with the loss.

He wrote about being groomed by his father, as hugs and tickles gave way to kisses, which in turn gave way to serial and serious abuse.
In a previous interview, he said: ‘It was what we did every day. It was accepted that I would always go to his room at half past seven in the morning until quarter to nine.

‘I felt I was fulfilling a sexual function of my mother who was missing. It was my duty, to some extent, to be in the position I was in and that is the reason I did not resist.

'That feeling was hinted at by my father, by sometimes making comments comparing me to my mother.
'He never said it in outright terms – we never discussed what he was doing in any terms whatsoever – but it was implicit that I was also helping him emotionally.'

At the time of the book's publication, in September last year, he said it would likely sour relations between himself and his elder brother John, the 11th earl, who is also a peer in the House of Lords.

Speaking now, he says his family are 'cross and unhappy' with his book, and that he is given dark looks at family events, and hug which are then turned into pushes.

However, he has repeatedly stated that he felt the story needed to be told, after he revealed the abuse to his mother and family doctor as a young boy, only for it to be swept under the rug.

Mr Montagu has previously told how, every morning, he would be called to his father's room at the family home at Mapperton, in Dorset (pictured), and would stay there from 7.30 until 8.45am

He said that following his confession he expected his father to be taken to jail, but nothing was done, and Mr Montagu was even returned to his care, though the abuse stopped.

Mr Montagu says there were other victims, beside himself, and that he has personally spoken to ten of them - though believes there could be another ten he has yet to identify.

Asked why there was such a reluctance for her father's story to be told, his daughter Fiamma said:

'In our case it has been because of the Establishment. Everybody has a vested interest in getting him to shut up.
END

NB: More Info/Research by Ladybbird, about Robert Montagu's father > Victor Montagu, 10th Earl of Sandwich:

Quote:
Victor Montagu MP, Previously The 10th Earl Of Sandwich

26 August 2014

Victor Montagu disclaimed his title ,along with his right to sit in the House of Lords, in 1964 to become member of parliament for South Dorset.

He was also a paedophile.

He was a right wing member of the Conservative Party and might have been expected to have upheld family values but when his wife divorced him in 1958 he instead began to sexually abuse his own son who was just 7 years old at the time.

Victor Montagu was educated at Eton and Trinity College, Cambridge and perhaps this was just the way he’d been taught to behave.

The account by Robert Montagu, the son he raped and abused, appeared in the Mail on Sunday. A book by Robert Montagu appears next month.

Robert Montagu knows of 10 other young boys that his father abused, including the paper boy but suspects that he abused at least 20 children.

The family became aware of the sexual abuse when Robert was 11 years old and he was quickly packed off to prep school.

The police were not informed and Victor Montagu continued to sexually abuse other young boys.

Victor Montagu died in 1995.

Victor Montagu, Member of Parliament for South Dorset.

When Robert Montagu, younger brother of the Earl of Sandwich, first decided to publish his memoir, he thought he’d present it as fiction, using a pseudonym, such was the painful nature of the story that was about to unfold.
His was a disturbing tale about an innocent seven-year-old boy whose father confused love with lust and abused him on an almost daily basis until he was 11.
Yet Robert, son of the 10th Earl of Sandwich, knew all too well this was not fiction.

And when A Humour Of Love is published next month, it will be under his own name.

In making that choice, he knows he is risking everything, not only his family name but his good relations with his sisters and his brother John, the 11th Earl, none of whom know of his decision to expose their father, who Robert believes abused up to 20 boys.

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ladybbird For This Useful Post:
BaZZa101 (02-04-15)