View Single Post
Old 20-03-15, 15:36   #1
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,106 Times in 991 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Don’t get stuck in babylon!

DAVID WILKERSON DEVOTIONS

DON’T GET STUCK IN BABYLON!

Babylon is falling! That merchandising world of greed and self is collapsing. “Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of their sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues” (Revelation 18:4).

We have so spiritualized Babylon that we have missed a simple, fundamental truth. It is spoken of in Revelation 18 and includes “delicious living” and “making merchants rich” (see Revelation 18:3).

There is nothing wrong with merchants becoming rich. But Babylon represents a spirit of greed—a spirit so powerful, so evil and driving that it says, “People don’t count. All that counts is the bottom line on the balance sheet!”

Merchants will weep in that day of terror, not for the multitudes who are burning in a holocaust but because their money machine is gone. Wall Street has been called the nation’s “greed capital,” but this spirit is not limited to location. It is sweeping society in general—even the Church!

The Holy Spirit is saying, “Don’t let your greed make the merchants richer. Don’t get carried away with the spending and the debt. Curb your appetites. Enough is enough! Get off the Babylonian greed-mill. Shake off the spirit that lusts for riches and more and more things! Do not partake of the sin of Babylon, which is merchandising with a spirit of greed.”

What an awesome preparation: Jesus wants me with Him! Since the day He left the earth, He has been preparing for my coming to meet Him in heaven.

Thank God for one more great preparation! Jesus said, “I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also” (John 14:2-3).

I am deeply strengthened by such love. He is preparing for me and I, in turn, desire to prepare for Him!

I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tarfoot For This Useful Post:
FreaknDavid (21-03-15)