View Single Post
Old 26-02-15, 22:30   #1
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,456 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Update PhOtOs/VIDEO-Police Find Dismembered Body of Missing Girl

Family Home of Missing Becky, 16, Combed for Clues by Police Forensics Team as Friends and Neighbours Launch Mass Search

• Rebecca Watts, 16, was last seen at family home on Thursday last week
  • Family thought she had gone to visit her boyfriend, but she did not return
  • She did not take any clothes with her and left phone charger behind
  • Forensic officers were yesterday searching her home in Bristol for clues
  • Father Darren Galsworthy says disappearance is 'a nightmare come true'
  • Daughter is so shy she would not 'go to a till on her own', he says
  • Rebecca read text from Courtney Bicker, 17, on the morning she vanished
  • Police have encouraged the public to use Twitter hashtag #FindBecky
AP 26 Feb 2015

Forensic officers (top and right) searched the home that missing schoolgirl Rebecca Watts, 16 (left), shared with father Darren Galsworthy, 51 (inset left), and stepmother Anjie, 49, in Bristol. The forensic teams were picture arriving as Mr Galsworthy was seen leading a crowd of around 100 concerned locals in handing out 'missing' leaflets (bottom). Police also refused to confirm whether they are looking into a text which Miss Watts reportedly sent on the day before she vanished which said 'who would miss me if I disappeared'?

The home of a teenage girl who disappeared exactly a week ago was being combed by forensic officers yesterday afternoon as her father was seen leading a mass search with hundreds of neighbours.
Darren Galsworthy, 51, the father of missing schoolgirl Rebecca Watts, 16, was pictured among a crowd of 100 people handing out ‘missing’ leaflets in the St George's area of Bristol last night.

Meanwhile police dressed in white forensic suits combed through his house for clues, after Mr Galsworthy and wife Anjie, 49, voluntarily left the property so the teams could move in.
Rebecca, known as Becky to family and friends, went missing on Thursday last week at around 11.15am when her father and stepmother thought she had gone to visit her boyfriend. When the teen did not return home they called police.

Police searching for missing schoolgirl Rebecca Watts were yesterday searching her family home in Bristol, where she lives with her father and stepmother

Becky was last seen on Thursday morning last week at around 10am. Stepmother Anjie Galsworthy said she believed the teen was going to visit her boyfriend but she never returned

A forensic officer arrived at the home of Darren and Anjie Galsworthy in the St George's area of Bristol yesterday afternoon as neighbours joined in the search efforts

Police say the search of the parents' house is 'routine'. Forensic officers also visited the home of Miss Watt's boyfriend Luke Oberhansli, 17

Father Darren, 51 (right) has described his daughter's disappearance as a 'nightmare come true', while his wife Anjie, 49 (left), was the last one to see her before she vanished last week

She had not taken any clothes with her, and though she had taken her phone, laptop and tablet computer, had left her phone charger and purse at home.

Police yesterday refused to comment on allegations that Miss Watts sent a text message stating ‘who would miss me if I disappeared’ the day before she was last seen.
Friends had said the 16-year-old had sent the text before she vanished.
Asked to confirm whether the text was being considered, Detective Inspector Richard Ocone, leading the investigation, said: ‘I can't comment on that at this stage.’

Earlier, Becky's father and his wife had been led away from their home by police so forensic experts could carry out a thorough examination of the property.

The tearful couple handed their pet dog to neighbours before getting into an unmarked police car.
Officers took Mrs Galsworthy's wheelchair and a bag of belongings to the car, while her husband thanked the public for their support.

Before leaving, he said: 'I'm very grateful for the support from the public.
'The search was organised by my brother and I hope lots of people turn out for it. I can't say anything else right now, I have to go.'

Seconds after the police car pulled away, two forensics officers entered the semi-detached home, carrying a number of evidence bags.
A female forensics officer began photographing the front of the house from a number of different angles while around five plain-clothed officers also entered the home with notepads and clipboards, before closing the door.
A spokeswoman for Avon and Somerset police said removing the parents was 'routine'.

Mr and Mrs Galsworthy leave their home voluntarily so police could search the property. Police said they would have a heavy presence at the house as it was the last place Becky was seen

Mr Galsworthy rests his head in his hands as hundreds of neighbours handed out missing leaflets and helped police search parks near his home yesterday afternoon

Volunteers listen to a briefing before going out to help in the search for teen Becky Galsworthy, 16, who was first reported to be missing last week

A neghbour said the family had looked 'terrible' ever since Becky vanished, adding that father Darren 'looks awful' (pictured, Mr Galsworthy embraces a man as they search for his daughter)

She said: 'We've taken them somewhere - they might be going to friends or family - while we are going to be doing searches of the house, as is routine in a missing persons investigation, to find any clues.'

Police have been searching parks and open areas around the family home throughout today, and were yesterday joined by concerned locals.

Quote:
BECKY'S LAST MOVEMENTS

Thursday Feb 19 10.30am Becky last seen by step mother
11.06am Best friend Courtney Bicker texts Becky. Becky reads the message but does not reply.
Later on Thursday Becky swaps text messages with boyfriend Luke
Friday Feb 20 4pm Becky reported missing to police
Monday Feb 22 9am Police issue first public appeal to find missing Becky
Tuesday Feb 23 Police renew appeal as father Darren pleads for her to come home
Wednesday, Feb 25 10.30am Concerned neighbours launch public searches
Wednesday, Feb 25, 3pm ‘Increasingly concerned’ police hold press conference to update media on the inquiry
Wednesday, Feb 25, 4.30pm Forensic teams begin search of family home as Galsworthy's voluntarily leave.
Father Darren is then spotted helping second public search along with 100 neighbours
Family friend and neighbour Maggie Maddocks, 65, helps care for Becky's step-mother and flagged down cars with her walking stick to hand posters to drivers.
She said:

‘I'm just doing my bit, doing what I can and showing support for the family.
‘The family look terrible at the moment. Darren looks awful. I've known them quite a few years - I forget how many now, maybe 20.
‘Because I know she was such a quiet girl I just can't believe it, it's just unbelievable that she'd just get up and run away.
‘I don't know, it's all so, just so confusing. You're always thinking the worst now because it's been a long time.
‘Obviously we can't speculate but it makes me shudder to think what might have happened to such a happy girl.’

Rebekka Thorpe, 17, a college student from St George, Bristol, attended primary school with Becky and decided to join the search.
She said:

‘She was very quiet, a very quiet girl. She'd always stick with one friend who would do all the talking and stuff.
‘Not in a mean way but she didn't really fit in.
‘From the person I knew at primary school this is very out of character, you wouldn't expect her to do anything like this.’

Investigators are also looking at the girl’s mobile phone records in an attempt to trace her. The last person she was in contact with was boyfriend Luke Oberhansli, 17, who she texted in the morning to make plans for later that day.
The last person to message her was friend Courtney Bicker, 17, who sent a text at around the same time Becky was thought to have left her house.
Miss Bicker got a notification to say Becky had received her massage, but she did not respond.

Courtney Bicker, 17, (left) sent her best friend Becky (right) a text message just nine minutes before the college student vanished. Becky read the message, but did not reply

The family of 'introverted' 16-year-old Becky(pictured), who vanished a week ago, say they 'fear the worst' as police investigating her disappearance search parks around her home for clues

Miss Bicker, a college student, said: 'I've got no idea whatsoever what has happened. It's really like she has disappeared with no trace.
'I sent her a message at 11.06am and it went through to her phone, but I sent her a message the following morning and it didn't go through.
'I didn't really think much of it. I thought that maybe her phone was off and maybe she was asleep.'
She added: 'I'm just really confused and scared. I'm just literally waiting by the phone for someone to call and say she is back home.
'I like to hope she has just run away and will come back when she is ready, but this is so unlike her.
'She wouldn't go to the shops on her home. She makes someone go to the shop till for her and buy her bus ticket.
'If she was going outside she would meet somebody near by. She wouldn't walk long distances on her own. She wouldn't walk out at night on her own.
'When she used to come round mine, she would make me walk her back home. She doesn't like walking back in the dark.'

These are the leaflets that neighbours in Bristol were handing out yesterday afternoon in the hope of tracking down missing teenager Becky Watts

Police said they were searching parks and open ground near the family's home yesterday, and were joined by locals in the afternoon

Maggie Maddocks, a friend and neighbour of the Galsworthys, hands a leaflet to a passing van driver as they try to track down the missing teenager

Becky was last seen at around 10.30am on Thursday last week when her stepmother, Anjie Galsworthy, 49, left their home for a hospital appointment.
At 11.06am, Courtney sent her a one-word message reading 'bae' - a slang term of endearment said to stand for 'before anyone else', which she used as a jokey nickname for Becky.
Courtney received an alert saying it had been read, but she didn't get a reply. It is thought that Becky left her home at 11.15am.

Mr Galsworthy said he had been holding out hope for a happy ending, but as the search nears a week old, he is starting to fear the worst

Courtney said texts were later sent from Becky's phone to her boyfriend Luke about meeting up later that day, but he did not reply because he was having dental work.
She said the pair had been dating for a few months, and his home had been searched by police, but added: 'He is in the same predicament as I am.
'The police searched his house. He was the last person to be in contact with her.
'She was texting Luke, but he had to go and get his braces sorted. They were going to arrange to meet after he had his braces done.
'Nobody has any idea what has happened.'
She added: 'I last heard from her on Wednesday night and we were just having a normal conversation. She seemed OK - she seemed fine.
'It was just normal banter.'

Courtney said as far as she was aware Becky didn't have older friends and hadn't argued with anyone in the days before her disappearance.
Her friend had a good relationship with her father and stepmother who have been together for many years, she added.

Distraught Mr Galsworthy earlier described his daughter as 'introverted', and has said the family 'fear the worst'.
Mr Galsworthy said his daughter's disappearance was out of character, as the fashion conscious teen was too shy to even pay the cashier at a shop on her own.
'Becky is introverted. She does not mix with big groups of people,' he said.

Becky was last seen at home by her stepmother Anjie Galsworthy (left). Her father Darren Galsworthy (right) said her disappearance is a 'nightmare come true'

She would not go and ask for anything or go to a till on her own - she was that kind of girl.'This is why her disappearing is so out of character for her. I am trying to remain positive, but really starting to fear for the worst.
'This just really is a nightmare come true - I am just so worried we don't know what to do.
'She loved fashion and clothes and all she took with her was a blue quilted jacket. Her purse and bank cards are all here at home.
'If she had planned to go anywhere she would have taken her phone charger - she was never without her phone and always on Facebook.'

Becky, who is studying at college to resit her GCSE exams, was last seen on Thursday morning by Darren's wife Anjie, 49, who left to go to a hospital appointment at around 10.30am.
When she didn't reply to messages or return home they called police.
Becky's phone had initially gone straight to answer phone, and has now been switched off since Thursday. Her Facebook profile has also been dormant since Thursday.

Becky's distraught father Mr Galsworthy said his daughter's disappearance was out of character, as the fashion conscious teen was too shy to even pay the cashier at a shop on her own

Mrs Galsworthy said: 'She seemed OK and her normal self. There was nothing out of the blue. She was a bit grumpy, but that was not unusual - just a normal teenager.
'I went to a hospital appointment and left her at home at around 10.30am.
'We thought she might have gone and met her boyfriend and he had texted her to see if she wanted to meet, but got no response.
'We texted her later in the day to see where she was but her phone was off.
'She hadn't mentioned any plans, but would have just gone out if she had some, but she would have let us know at some point.
'The next day when she still hadn't come home we contacted the police.'

Speaking to JackFM earlier, Mr Galsworthy said: 'This just doesn't add up. None of her clothes are missing, her washbag is here, her toothbrush is here, her make-up is still here.
'She would not leave the house without all her make-up and stuff on.
'It's been absolute hell on earth. I've not been able to eat or sleep since she's gone missing.
'We just need her back home. Someone out there knows something. I just want my girl back.'
Mr Galsworthy said his daughter would not be in any trouble when she returned home, adding: 'You're an integral part of our life.'

The family called police after Becky failed to return home, and did not reply to their messages

Mrs Galsworthy said Becky had been 'her normal self' when she saw her on Thursday morning last week

Becky's grandmother Pat Watts had previously made an emotional appeal for information.
'Becky, we love you so much,' she said. 'You are so loved - I don't think you realise just how much. You can come and stay at mine for as long as you need.'

Police forensics teams have conducted 'routine' searches of Luke's home, as well as Becky's.

Rebecca's phone initially went straight to answer phone, and has been switched off since Thursday

Avon and Somerset police said it was routine to carry out searches of homes belonging to people close to the missing person.
Officers have combed woodland and open spaces near the teenager's home, as well as a nature reserve, Troopers Hill in Bristol.
The student's family appealed for people to join a search party near her home yesterday.

Writing on Facebook, her uncle Joe Galsworthy said: 'Please come along, everybody friends, family and even community members.
'We've already searched her room and parks, and this is extending that to within the house.'

The search of the home came after a police team with climbing equipment spent a number of hours searching woodland at Troopers Hill, 12 miles from the house.
Police later said nothing of significance had been found there.
A blue caravan and an empty property on the street where she lives were also examined by officers.

'We are not reacting to any specific information, but are looking at local parks and open areas - more to see if anything might have been dropped,' a police spokesman said.
'All likely areas will be searched as routine in situations like this.'

Detective Inspector Richard Ocone, who is leading the search, said officers were ploughing 'all the resources we can' into finding the missing teenager.
Speaking at a press conference yesterday afternoon he said: 'We have officers on the ground, dog handlers and the helicopter.

Police officers conduct house to house inquiries in the streets surrounding Becky's home

Posters have been putting up around Bristol appealing for any information about the missing teenager

'We are continuing to search a number of open land searches, this is routine and we are just looking for anything Becky might have dropped or any clue as to where she might be.
'We're urging anyone who might have seen Becky or who has any information to come forward.
'We've printed hundreds of posters and our officers will be handing them out on the street.
'Being a 16-year-old girl we know Becky is very media savvy, we're asking for people to start using the hashtag on Twitter #FindBecky.
'We also have a dedicated Facebook page for people to contact us with any information.
'Becky has a wide range of friends and relatives and we've not been able to contact everyone so we're keen for anyone we haven't yet spoken to, to get in touch.
'Becky has a close group of friends and it is not unusual for her to go away for a night which is why there was a slight delay in reporting her missing.
'As far as I'm concerned she goes by Becky Watts, that is a different name to her father but that is her surname.

Police officers search Troopers Hill in Bristol yesterday as they continue to look for Becky

Becky, who is studying at college to resit her GCSE exams, was last seen on Thursday morning last week, prompting a wide-spread police search

'There is an intensive search being carried out at the home. This is the last point of reference we have for her so we really need to work from there.
'Her father and step-mother have voluntarily left the house.
'We're still treating this as a missing person investigation. We just want to find Becky and get her home.
'Most of our focus at the moment is on the family home as this was the last sighting of her, so there will be a heavy presence there and door to door enquiries.

Police described Rebecca as 'striking', and said she is white, around 5ft 4ins tall and of slim build, with 'noticeable' long, bright red hair

'Her step-mother last saw her some time between 10.30 and 11.15 and there has been nothing since.
'As time goes by my worry increases, as does that of the family, obviously we're six days in now so we're very keen to find her.
'I want to find her, the sooner the better.
'Until recently she was very active on social media and obviously it's concerning that she is not using it now.
'We're supporting the family the best we can but as you imagine their 16 year old daughter is missing and this is very upsetting for them.'

Course providers KTS Training, in Fishponds, Bristol, where Becky is currently studying said teachers had helped police with their investigation.
Programme director Nicola Lace said: 'All the staff and learners at KTS Training are very worried about Becky's disappearance, and all we want is for her to be found safe and sound.
'We are all concerned for her welfare and we will be taking part in the walk this afternoon to assist and support her family, friends and our local community.

'We have given over all information we have to the police and we are assisting them as much as possible.
'We would really encourage anyone with any information to please contact the police.'

Neighbours have expressed their shock at Becky's disappearance, and their sympathy for her family.
'This is every parent's worst nightmare and nothing can be said that would help them,' said Sandi Lovett, 26, who lives close by.
'But everyone round here is thinking of them and just hoping she will get back safely and very soon.
'There have been a lot of police around the area and so everyone is hopeful she will be found soon and it pays off.
'I think a public search is a great idea and I am sure hundreds of people round here would help as there is a lot of concern and worry.'

Detective Inspector Richard Ocone (pictured), who is leading the search, said officers were ploughing 'all the resources we can' into finding the missing teenager

Police described Becky as 'striking', and said she is white, around 5ft 4ins tall and of slim build, with 'noticeable' long, bright red hair, which has only been dyed recently and recent photographs of the teenager do not reflect this change.
It is believed when she was last seen she was wearing a waist-length navy blue quilted jacket with fabric sleeves.

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote