View Single Post
Old 01-02-15, 15:17   #4
wildhoney66

wildhoney66 has a spectacular aura aboutwildhoney66 has a spectacular aura aboutwildhoney66 has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal 
Total Awards: 1

Cool Re: Sony Loses $30Mill on The Interview+Multi Lawsuits Against Them

it may have lost the studio money, but they fully expected it to i recall reading on yahoo them addmitting they were shocked it made the sum of money it did when they did open it to any theatres. there are far far fare more movies weather they are done well or poorly is up to your own opinion that are more offensive than this one prolly is.

i don't know i haven't seen this one yet. and they didn't have this kind of publicity at all. people went and saw this film i think because they wanted to see what the big deal was. and from the people i have talked to online some liked it others didn't. like with any movie, there are a number of movies that insult obama and they don't get this kind of publicity at all. hell even stand ups insult the president. and there's a bunch of other movies that were hits

that have done the same thing this movie has done they just did it better.
and they didn't have this kind of uproar. people downloaded that many times because i think they wanted to see what the big deal was, and some prolly also paid to see it just to say hey i saw it in the theatre.

from the stuff i read online they like i said were stunned they made as much as they did and so was Seth Rogen and James Franco as well. it may not have been no $100 million bucks opening weekend but nobody expected that either. in short i have no doubt it will become a cult classic because of this hoopla that it has caused. and people will buy it buy the millions when its' put out out dvd and blu-ray because of it. in short they will be making money on it even more than the theatrical run hence making their money back since they didn't open it nationwide.

i do think the people who hacked into Sony should be punished cause i do believe that's legit. i don't think like i said in the other thread anyone else should be punished cause of the idiot's that hacked into sony and you know damn well they are going to do the same thing they did with Kim Dot.com they are going to use him as an example on how piracy is hurting them and blah blah blah.

when it clearly isn't cause it showed there is interest in the film because of
the hoopla and the number of people who downloaded would be less than what it is if they had made it a nation wide film. i don't think it would have broken box office records but it would have made more money and less downloads cause more people would pay to see it just to well piss these idiots who hacked into sony off.

and one more thing, this bill that they are trying to get passed there is no doubt that there is going to be some unhidden things we don't yet know about that will stop this or that on the internet such as freedom of speech and well a clear internet. pretty much the same crap they have been trying to do for the past few years. it will just be worded differently than last time. and my suggestion is if anyone votes for it, do some research on the whole thing before you agree to it.
wildhoney66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wildhoney66 For This Useful Post:
FreaknDavid (02-02-15)