View Single Post
Old 08-12-14, 01:02   #3
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,106 Times in 991 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: VIDEOs-NASA-Mars Test Spaceship Returns to Earth>Makes Splashdown

I've seen that Delta Heavy launch down in Florida, it's a biggy, but nothing like the Space Shuttle. I've seen the space shuttle go up several times. Really miss it going up anymore.
As far as this Orion launch goes, the way I see it, it was a wasted trip. If they'd ask me, I'd volunteered to go up in it. That would have been some ride. They most likely though would have had a hard time cleaning it out though. Riding an airplane makes me sick. It would have still taken that ride though......uggh gettin a little nausea thinking about it....lol

This is a picture I took in Feb. 2008 of the last shuttle I got to see go up. According to Street Atlas, drawing a straight line from were I was to the launch pad, it was 13 miles. Even at that distance you could hear and lightly feel the rumble of the rocket engines. The other pic is a night launch of an Atlas rocket. I used to spend the month of Feb. in Florida to catch some launches. Just a side note not meaning to take away from your post.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4

Last edited by Tarfoot; 15-11-16 at 19:25.
Tarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tarfoot For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (10-12-14), shadowwar (26-01-15)