View Single Post
Old 02-08-14, 20:00   #1
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,106 Times in 991 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Seek first the kingdom

DAVID WILKERSON DEVOTIONS

SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM by Carter Conlon

I dread to think what our nation will look like ten to fifteen years from today if there is not a spiritual awakening among God’s people. That is why we must awaken to the fact that we are not called to a picnic—we are called to a war for the souls of men. We are not powerless; we have the One who created the universe by the Word of His mouth living inside of us! Every son and daughter of God has access to His resources and power in full.

Yet sadly, we have lived far beneath our position in Christ in this generation. The Church of Jesus Christ must awaken out of her slumber. We must get out of our mindset that it is all about my needs, my house, my fulfillment. No! Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

The Bible tells us that Hannah, the mother of Samuel, gave birth to three more sons and two daughters after Samuel was born. She sought first the kingdom of God, and He gave her what would bring her into that place of completeness she had always longed for. On the day Hannah left Samuel in the temple, she prayed an incredible prayer:

“My heart rejoiceth in the Lord, mine horn is exalted in the Lord: my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies; because I rejoice in thy salvation. There is none holy as the Lord: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God” (1Samuel 2:1-2).

“The Lord maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up. He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory; for the pillars of the earth are the Lord’s, and he hath set the world upon them. He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail. The adversaries of the Lord shall be broken to pieces; out of heaven shall he thunder upon them: the Lord shall judge the ends of the earth; and he shall give strength unto his king, and exalt the horn of his anointed” (2:7-10).

In other words, the people of God will be given life again. There will be strength, there will be provision, there will be victory. We may not fully understand how, but we know that when holy desperation drives us to the place where we truly purpose to give back to God what He gives to us, an answer to the cry in this generation will come out of it!
Tarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote