View Single Post
Old 26-07-14, 11:46   #1
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,456 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Hacker Hitman/Terrorist/Child Abuser-Undercover Cops Secret Lives

Hitman, Terrorist, Child Abuser - the Nerve-Shredding Lives Adopted by an Undercover Cop.
-In this Electrifying Interview, One Awesomely Brave Officer says:
'We put ourselves at risk every minute to keep YOU safe'

Daily Mail UK, 26 July 2014

John is a professional hitman. Along the way he has learned to tell the serious clients from the Walter Mittys. ‘When you are with [a guy] who is asking for someone to be killed, you know from the look in their eyes whether they definitely want that person dead,’ he says.

The fees he’s been offered for committing a murder range from ‘between £1,000 and £30,000, though some guys will kill for a fix of crack.’

His own eyes are clever and often amused. But they also have an opaque, poker-player quality which you might associate with an assassin who sees the moment of death as business rather than pleasure.

Britain's undercover police are being pilloried for spying on crime victims' families.
But one brave officer says he and his colleagues risk their lives to keep people safe

John is versatile. During his underworld career he has been a member of serious organised crime syndicates, armed robbery gangs, a terrorist group and a paedophile ring supplying children for sex. He has also dealt in drugs and weapons.

In any of those lines of business, deadly enemies can be made. John says he knows there is ‘more than one’ contract out on his own life today. He won’t say exactly how many. As a result, he can never relax; not until the day he dies.

Word will reach him that someone he has crossed is serious about hurrying along that particular event. And so whenever he is in public, John’s neck muscles and nerve endings get a proper workout. With good reason, as we shall see.

For John’s very identity, his persona, has been meticulously concocted from beginning to end. In fact, he is a serving undercover officer in the Metropolitan Police’s SO35 unit, which has a remit to fight serious organised crime.

We are sitting across a table in a hotel room in Central London. His uniformed boss, Commander Richard Martin, is beside him. It is an unprecedented situation.
Scotland Yard has never before allowed a man in John’s role to speak publicly. John is uncomfortable about doing so; it goes against instinct and everything he has been taught.

Only a handful of people know his secret. In the two hours that follow, John conducts his own running commentary on what he is saying; analysing how it will be picked apart and interpreted by the people it is his job to work against. Much has to be redacted.

The longest John has maintained one of his multiple identities — again, he won’t say how many he has had — is seven years ‘on and off’.
Over that length of time he can — has — become part of a crime lord’s family circle; attending weddings, birthday parties. One of the trusted. A friend.

‘I am a trained liar,’ says John. ‘And I have to remember the lies I told to a target three or four years ago. When you are dealing with bad guys, it is not all business, of course. There has to be small talk and therefore you have to have a persona; you have to have a lot of stories.
‘If you don’t talk about yourself, there is something wrong. It is best to play your alter ego close to your real self. Don’t put on a fake accent. The pressure is already bad enough.
‘Too much invention is a slow-ticking time bomb because it’s the little details that people remember and if you change them, they can catch you out. That is when it begins to unravel.’

When he finally shows his hand, the effect can be devastating.

‘They are not all horrible people,’ John says of his criminal targets. ‘Some of them are quite nice in person; but your job is to get on with them and you see a terrific impact when they are arrested and realise you are not who you said you were.
‘It destroys them. I know that one was physically sick in an interview room when he was told who I really was. He could not believe it.’

For the target, the repercussions are twofold.

‘Obviously, they are going to prison,’ John says. ‘But the fact that they have been fooled by me, an undercover officer, also prevents them from progressing in the criminal fraternity.

Scotland Yard has never before allowed a man in John’s role to speak publicly

‘They might well have lied to their associates on your behalf, about how long they have known you, simply to help you get on and up the ladder in the criminal organisation. Just because they liked you. Because they fell for your act.
‘So it is likely it is also going to be payback time for them from the confederates whom they have compromised by making me their friend.’

Our interview comes at a controversial time for Britain’s undercover policemen.
This week, a major police inquiry revealed that a rogue undercover police unit ‘hoovered up’ vast amounts of personal material during decades of secretive missions.

Members of a team called the Special Demonstration Squad compiled information about at least 18 justice campaigns, including those conducted by the families of Stephen Lawrence and Jean Charles de Menezes, who was mistakenly shot dead by police on the London Underground.

The inquiry was already under way last year when provocative claims emerged in The Guardian newspaper by a former undercover officer named Peter Francis that he and his colleagues had been ordered to smear the family of Stephen Lawrence.
Meanwhile, a civil case brought by women claiming damages from the Met after forming sexual relationships with undercover officers continues.
It is under this considerable cloud that we met John.

It is not his real name, of course. We cannot describe his appearance, age, nor how he sounds. With John, it’s difficult to tell where caution ends and paranoia starts, but then it’s his life that’s at stake.

It has taken a year to arrange our final meeting. One of John’s colleagues has dropped out along the way. The potential repercussions were too great, the stakes too high. Why should they risk it?
John is doing this to counteract the stain that some of the recent allegations have inflicted on the reputation of what he calls the ‘UC [undercover] community’.

The majority of ‘UCs’ are taking on organised crime rather than collecting information on political or pressure groups. Yet the stigma is the same.
‘The undercover community is under the cosh,’ he says. ‘The UCs who talk are usually those who have left under a cloud, have a book to sell or are disgruntled with the organisation.

‘And, by talking, they have caused massive problems for their colleagues. It’s a topic the public is naturally interested in. But, unfortunately, the bad guys are also looking to pick up intelligence on our methods which will help them identify undercover officers in the future.

‘From our side of the fence, that could be the difference between whether we survive or not. We are dealing with people who will kill. They will keep searching to make an example of you.’

The fact that there is a ‘UC community’ is one of the biggest threats to John’s safety.

‘We do not exist in isolation,’ John says. ‘At the start of our career, UCs have to train together. You have to work to a universal standard. And that is where the hidden danger comes in.
‘If a person you train with later goes rogue, they know who you are and what you are doing. They can betray you.’
If a person you train with later goes rogue, they know who you are and what you are doing. They can betray you

What then makes a good UC?

John says he was identified as potential UC material because he had ‘the gift of the gab’. He then had to undergo a rigorous selection and training programme.

‘The main reason officers fail at this stage is because they are deemed unsafe to be deployed; they are going to get themselves killed or other people seriously injured, because they are too gung-ho.
‘If you do not recognise where the boundaries are, you cause problems for yourself and others.
‘First and foremost, you are a law-enforcement operative. Your job is to befriend the targets, get the evidence and come back out.

‘Put like that, it sounds easy, but there is a lot of baggage along the way. It is not so easy to flick in and out all the time. You need an ability to spin plates. No matter how nervous you might feel, you can’t show it to the other person.
‘A no-no is someone who is not a good team player. We cannot behave like the mavericks you see in the movies.’

The impact of undercover work is deep and long-lasting, says John. ‘Those people [the targets] are forever looking for you. It is your evidence that has put them away.
‘They have gone to prison for ten or 20 years or whatever, and they are going to have a picture of you in their mind, and they are going to be after you.

‘The organisation [the police] can switch off and put the boxes from the case away, but the responsibility sits with you for ever.
‘It’s a small world. You never know where the criminals are going to turn up again. They want payback, but you can’t live like a hermit for the rest of your life.’

John recalls one occasion when he ran into a familiar face while off-duty.
‘I was at an event in London and I was looking through the crowd at the bar when I clocked a man at the far end.
‘Immediately, I realised I knew him. He was part of a criminal organisation that I had infiltrated. I had spent a lot of time with him. He wasn’t caught, but his colleagues were arrested and I gave evidence against them.

‘I knew if he looked my way he would remember me. I was there to see a show and my seat had a number.
‘If he saw me and saw the number of my seat, that’s when his homework starts.
‘These people are very, very good at finding things out. If they have money, all they need is a starting point for a private investigator to do all the digging for them.
Organised criminals don’t play by the rules. They go for your weakest links — which is your family — to get to you

‘I left the venue straight away.’

John claims that some defence lawyers have been complicit in trying to uncover his identity when he has given evidence against serious organised criminals.

‘Of course, you are blocked off from the public gallery. But we have had occasions when a defence lawyer has been drawing my picture while sitting at the back of the court, then bringing in other people to see if they can get a look at my face. They are trying to work out who you are [for their clients].
‘Thankfully, most of the time you don’t have to give evidence in person, because the evidence you have collected undercover is so damning that they have to plead guilty.’

He is reluctant to talk of the impact on his private life, but there are clearly pressures and dangers.
‘You don’t mix your covert and overt lives,’ says John. ‘You don’t want everyone around you knowing what you do. That would present a further risk to you and to them.
‘Sadly, the movies are right in that respect.

Organised criminals don’t play by the rules. They go for your weakest links — which is your family — to get to you.’

Of course, the criminal fraternity is all too aware of the threat undercover officers pose to it. So how are John and his colleagues still able to operate?

‘Most criminals will stick to certain ground rules, which they think will prevent them from being caught.
‘But they can’t work in complete isolation. At some stage, they will need to get materials or expertise from people who they don’t know. And that is when we get the opportunity of infiltrating their organisation.
‘The ones who don’t get caught keep things very tight. They don’t get too greedy. They stay small.’

He says he has been asked point blank if he was an undercover policeman. ‘I said: “Yes, I am.” ’
But it was said sarcastically and his inquisitor — the middle man in a major drugs deal — ended up apologising to him for the insult.

Has a gun been pulled on him? ‘No, that is TV stuff, that is not the way it would happen.’
Unlike the movies, the bosses are usually reserved — ‘a barking dog doesn’t bite. It is the quiet ones who are very dangerous. They don’t say anything. They don’t need to say it.’

As difficult, in a different way, are deployments against corrupt police officers. ‘They know how the system works, they can make the checks on you before they engage.’

And then there are anti-paedophile operations — which demand a special resilience and resolve.
‘Catching paedophiles is very challenging,’ says John. ‘It plays on your mind. It involves seeing if you can stand up to scrutiny.
‘If you are a male heterosexual, you would look at pretty ladies. They are not looking at pretty ladies. They are looking at young boys, or young girls, in a way that other men would look at pretty ladies.
‘So they are watching your reaction to what you are looking at with them.

‘It’s the same as fitting in with a drug dealer or any other criminal.
‘At the same time you are treading that very thin line, showing enthusiasm for what they are doing but not inciting it. To show that — dare I say it — we are catching them fairly.’

And catch them they do. Over the past 12 months, undercover operations in the Met have resulted in 1,400 charges against individuals for the full range of serious criminality. Many will go to jail.

John believes that he and other brave, responsible UCs are the rule rather than the exception — and make Britain a safer place.
The sacrifices they accept leave them exposed to a different type of life sentence, one which involves constantly looking over their shoulders for people bent on revenge.

As undercover policing comes under public scrutiny as never before, it is worth reminding people of the selflessness and extraordinary courage of men like John......

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote