View Single Post
Old 11-10-13, 05:31   #1
aceteleman

aceteleman is on a distinguished road
Default Just a rant about Rapidgator File Host

I don't normally post threads in these forums and I'm not sure this is even the right forum for this rant.

I've been using file hosts for a long time and have used all of the best, going back to Rapidshare before they changed it and until the government scare that shut a lot of them down. Rapidgator has got to be the worst host I've ever dealt with. Constant disconnects and 'Download Incomplete' errors. It's slow, with other hosts my download speeds average between 450 to 600kbs but with Rapidgator I rarely see a speed above 125kbs generally in the 50 to 60kbs range.

I'm not sure if there's something in the upload process that cause this but I've found that about 90% of the downloads I've made with Rapidgator the files are corrupt and either won't play or are badly pixilated or they play so far and just stop altogether and if I do get them to start up again the audio is gone. I use several different media players, GOM and VLC being the best. I don't use WinMedia as a rule but I've tried these with WinMedia with the same result.

I'll be glad when my 3 month subscription is up so I can go back to a better host like uploaded.net, never had a problem downloading with that. The worst thing about it is trying to pay for it with a debit card as they don't take PayPal.

Sorry for the rant but, I don't recommend Rapidgator to anybody that's thinking about using it, in my estimation it's garbage....

aceteleman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aceteleman For This Useful Post:
bobo (12-10-13), FreaknDavid (11-10-13), Ladybbird (12-10-13)