View Single Post
Old 15-08-13, 00:04   #1
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Big Grin Time Warner CEO Agrees That Piracy is Necessary

Game of Thrones Piracy “Better Than an Emmy,” Time Warner CEO Says

14 Aug 2013

Last year Games of Thrones was crowned the most pirated TV-show on the Internet, and this year the same is likely to happen.

While one might expect the people who make a living off the show to complain bitterly, the opposite is true.

Many of the people connected to the show see the piracy record as a compliment rather than a major threat that needs to be dealt with.

Jeff Bewkes, CEO of HBO’s parent company Time Warner can now be added to the list.

During an earnings call earlier this week he admitted that piracy is not all that bad.

When Bewkes was asked whether it can be seen as a compliment he agreed. “I have to admit it, I think you’re right.” he said.

Similar to Game of Thrones director David Petrarca, Bewkes believes that the free word of mouth advertising eventually leads to more paying subscribers.

“Our experience is that it leads to more paying subs. I think you’re right that Game of Thrones is the most pirated show in the world. That’s better than an Emmy,” Bewkes said.
END

Of course we are thrilled that Dreamteamdownloads1.com yearly list of most pirated titles we post for our members, (in conjunction with TF) beat the Emmys….

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote