View Single Post
Old 04-09-12, 18:13   #2
photostill
The Enigma

Thanked 1,524 Times in 928 Posts
photostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant future
Default Re: Dutch Pirate Party Ready To Enter National Parliament

The Pirate Party doesn't have enough fodder to do a strictly IP based ticket. While there is activity in the IP category, by itself it isn't enough to maintain them in the public eye for recognition of 'good deeds'. This is why they had to expand into privacy and transparency issues. If there has been on thing that has taken a major hit in almost all democracies, it's been transparency of what the government is doing in your name, privacy rights and privileges, and a steady erosion of granted liberties. It's enough on its own to win converts.

I am glad to see them getting a seat (even though as far as I know the vote hasn't been held yet) and while they may not get the crushing support needed to divert the major cash players, they are in a position to raise embarrassing questions in the process. A leak here or there to the press would make the 'good ol' boy' network very nervous. Most of it can only be pulled off in secrecy and the light of exposure tends to dry up support rather quickly when it is revealed what it's all about. This is one of the major reasons driving the Obama persecution of whistle blowers.

I hope they get the two seats as a toe in the door, do good work, and become a major player in politics. That topic needs some sanity inserted into it.

Now if they could ever get a toe hold in the US, where it is desperately needed.

You can help this site, by clicking on the link below to buy a Premium Account.
& Thank you for helping us. Click;

photostill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to photostill For This Useful Post:
Al.Ternat (05-09-12)