View Single Post
Old 30-08-12, 01:33   #4
photostill
The Enigma

Thanked 1,524 Times in 928 Posts
photostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant future
Default Re: Massive Onslaught of Fakes Hit Torrent Sites

Don't think for a moment all this is spam as the article plays it up to be. The copywrong group has long been known for hiring third parties to serve up malware. While there are certainly some spam going out, it's not all spammers.

I can remember the days of BBS, the local phone hooked to the modem, and clean downloads. I still chuckle about the day I got a 14.4k baud modem and thinking I had a barn burner. And I remember many a day in IRC with being slapped with a trout. My answer was usually along the lines of:

Photostill slaps xxx with a frozen trout. Tender yet?

Or of another:

Here's some aspirins, you gonna need it.
Photostill drops an Acme anvil on xxx's head.

Many years ago I got out of torrents and never returned. Mainly because they were not secure. The man in the middle harvesting of IPs sort of showed that. It was a lot better in private trackers but still, if there is a hole one place, there's bound to be more. Never did go to public trackers.

Now-a-days, as odd as it sounds, I don't download much. Not really interested in most of the offers and over time I've learned that everything except movies and music tends to get dated fairly fast.

Spam and malware are one of those things that you always have to look for. I don't do financials on a computer so there is nothing there to steal other than b/w.

You can help this site, by clicking on the link below to buy a Premium Account.
& Thank you for helping us. Click;

photostill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to photostill For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (30-08-12)