View Single Post
Old 27-08-12, 02:06   #15
photostill
The Enigma

Thanked 1,524 Times in 928 Posts
photostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant future
Default Re: Demonoid CLOSED Update-Sale BANNED-Criminal Prosecution

I find it sad that an icon of file sharing, no matter how that sharing is done, is gone. While Demonoid may not be back, it's faithful are still around. Just as Napster created whack-a-mole, so has the IFPI created something they have no clue of as they celebrate their supposed success.

As a mark of future activity, it's been noted in some of the news channels that deal with copyright, that there is some good and bad news on the horizon. The good news is the membership that makes up those that donate dues to the RIAA have halved their donations due to hard times. Even the CEO and senior management have taken a hit on their annual income. The bad part is that while everything in the business is running on leaner incomes, the lobbying part is still unchanged. This tells me the plan now is to get the government to do what they can't afford to do.

None of that would be necessary other than these lawyers and accountants don't understand the market and don't want to. This follows the senior management overvaluing their product. Between high costs, stupid demands for licensing, and fear of piracy rather than seeking a more profitable business model, has driven them just in the direction I like to see them go...towards bankruptcy. It is my sincere hope that what rises from the ashes to be better than what exists now.

You can help this site, by clicking on the link below to buy a Premium Account.
& Thank you for helping us. Click;

photostill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to photostill For This Useful Post:
Al.Ternat (27-08-12)