View Single Post
Old 09-08-12, 02:02   #6
photostill
The Enigma

Thanked 1,524 Times in 928 Posts
photostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant future
Default re: Demonoid CLOSED & Sale BANNED-Criminal Prosecution

Quote:
I wouldnt be surprised if all the other sites that are experiencing these attacks,,,,,are receiving them from the US!
I can think of a couple at minimum scenarios for who would DDoS them and why.

My first guess would be the RIAA/MPAA. They've been known to be involved in such in the past, along with other nastys. Not directly doing it themselves but hiring third party to do it so the trail doesn't lead back to their doorstep. Back in the days of Gnutella, the RIAA hired an outfit called, Loudeye. Loudeye came out with a trojan right after Microsoft setup the license tab on songs. One where no valid license would mean no play. During those days it was usually on WMA files. Microsoft also set it up where when the player didn't find a valid license it took you to a purchase site. Since this was fairly new, Microsoft didn't include much security for where you went. Loudeye set up servers that would take you to the fake licensing site giving away free trojans instead. It got so bad no one would accept a WMA song because it was libel to be needing a license. Microsoft quickly found out if they wanted the WMA format to survive they were going to have to put some sort of control on it, which they did.

The MPAA got involved with a torrent tracker hack. They hired an outfit that I can not think of the name right off the bat. It would crack a site, slip in the back, setup a legal tracker, charging money, but use the pirate site's bandwidth to do it. If and when the torrent site discovered they were compromised, that legal site would then attempt to DDoS them off line once it was discovered they were cut off from the b/w.

Where this became public knowledge was during a holiday, when another site which was legally selling torrents, lost connection to many of their customers over the holiday and it was the following Monday when they figured out what had been done. Shortly after they disconnected the hack they began to see DDoS attack. This company had thought they were in for their first major income only to find out they didn't get any money. So they turned it over to the FBI. The FBI not only found the source of the DDoS attack but when they investigated they found out the MPAA had hired him to do what he was doing.

The US Military has been beating the drum of Cyberattack. Despite there never really being one...yet. But the US has released several cyberattacks on Iran and then admitted it publicly, which is the real reason they are worried. I don't have to be a fly on the wall to know that the US Military is looking for any reason to test their new play toys. Any excuse to test them will work. Be sure the *IAAs would be quite willing to provide that excuse.

You can help this site, by clicking on the link below to buy a Premium Account.
& Thank you for helping us. Click;

photostill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to photostill For This Useful Post:
BaZZa101 (16-08-12), Ladybbird (09-08-12)