View Single Post
Old 06-08-12, 16:45   #3
photostill
The Enigma

Thanked 1,524 Times in 928 Posts
photostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant future
Default Re: Some ISPs Refuse to Help the US Block Pirates

The problem in the US is lack of competition among telcos. You usually only have one or sometimes two providers to pick from and the majority of the time it will be one of the two on the list here.

Personally I am dead in the middle with the provider of AT&T or I can choose to change providers and get Time Warner instead. Neither will help me tell those providers how much I hate this idea and agreement. The only other choice I have locally is no internet.

What has happened and exactly why the internet is in such poor reputation compared to globally, is that most of the telcos have made exclusive deals with townships and cities. It runs like this. We will wire your town for cable so that your citizens can get cable tv. In return to get us in there and to invest this huge amount of money, you will guaranty us tax breaks, and allow us to be the only cable company in town. Because of this, there is no competition. No drive to improve services and drop costs. It's a take it or leave it deal.

For the now, these companies will be looking at torrenting as the big band width user. It's a bit harder to prove cyberlocker file sharing. The RIAA had this back door plan to enforce cut off of those that will not stop file sharing and until recently never mentioned it, waiting on the deal to be set into concrete. Since the telco's have found out about it, they have bucked up and that is supposedly the reason it hasn't already been put into service. For the now, it is backed up till fall while they fight over cutting off customers from the internet. Needless, none of the providers want to do that.

You can help this site, by clicking on the link below to buy a Premium Account.
& Thank you for helping us. Click;

photostill is offline   Reply With Quote